 Star Wars / 7576
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:20:42 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Another thing that seems very obvious now is Luke never knew how to use a
Lightsaber very well and Vader was just playing with him. Obi-wan and Vader
also seem to just toy with each other while talking.

Lucas said at one point before the movie (as an answer to a question about
whether there would be a lightsaber duel in TPM) that what we had seen up until
now (ie, the first three movies) was old men past their prime and a young kid
who had no idea what he was doing using lightsabers.

eric