 Star Wars / 7542
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 23:52:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Tracey writes:
Lorbaat wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Tracey writes:
I guess a case could be made for Artoo and Threepio meeting and getting to
know one another.

I don't know.  They didn't spend a whole lot of time together...

Yeah, but their consverations in the pod racer hanger seem to show that
they are getting to know one another...  It will be interesting to see how
they meet up again.

I'm not entirely comfortable having C3PO built by Darth Vader; it seems a
little too contrived, even for Lucas.  On a more universe-specific note, • didn't
3PO in one of the myriad books indicate that he'd never had him memory wiped?
If so, it seems odd that he didn't have some reaction to Obi-Wan in Episode • IV,
or even to Tattooine itself.
I'm just fishing for info here--I really don't know.

    Dave!

But, you must remember that the ONLY thing that holds water when it comes to
the SW movies is the movies themselves.  Books mean nothing, and nothing in
them should be accepted as fact.
-Chris