 Star Wars / 7585
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:14:32 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:

Ok.  I concede that point.  It does seem strange to me that neither Vader nor
Obi Wan seem to register their prior acquaintance with the droids,

Hmm.  Vader I'm not so surprised about.. he doesn't exactly sit down and chat
with Threepio or Artoo at any point.  Obi Wan... well, Artoo claims to belong
to Obi Wan, and all Obi Wan says is "I don't remember owning any droids".  It's
very possible that eventually he realises, but Obi-Wan being Obi-Wan, he just
kinda leaves it out.  "Oh, yeah, I know these robots.  They were Vader's.  I
mean, they were your Dad's.  I mean, well, the big gold one was built by your
dad... oh, nevermind."  And when Obi-Wan is finally telling some truth from a
more objective "point of view", that's not the kind of detail that Luke
needed... or, for that matter, would have been happy to hear. "By the way, you
know those Droids you've been carrying around?"

As for the Droids.... for all we know, Artoo knows the whole story.  He is
pretty adept, after all.  Plus, who the hell knows what he's talking about?  I
would wager that Threepio gets wiped at some point, though.

(Ewoks, Jar Jar, and the Padme/
Amidala & Palpatine/Sidious "disguises"),

Rumblings that I've heard would indicate that you might be surprised about
Palpatine and Sidious.

eric