 Star Wars / 7647
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:26:45 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
Lucas seems to be making things up as he goes along.  I wouldn't attribute • that
comment to any story continuity that is now revealing itself.  I think that it
was just Obi Wan being a nice old gentleman.

I definately agree.  When Lucas was making ANH he had no idea that it was
going to take off like it did.  Since he didn't know whether he would have the
funds to make the rest of the trilogy or not, I'm sure there were things that
were not included that would have added to the continuity between the three
films.  I also don't think Lucas ever intended to create Episode 1-3 while he
was contriving 4, 5, and 6.  I know that he had an idea for the back story (he
states it in some interview on one of the special edition videos,) but I don't
think he actually thought he would ever make the films.

And, as stated before, George Lucas is not a god.  He's only human, and humans
do make mistakes, and humans do make things up as they go along.

-Bryan