 Star Wars / 7575
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:10:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Tracey writes:
Lorbaat wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Tracey writes:
I guess a case could be made for Artoo and Threepio meeting and getting to
know one another.

I don't know.  They didn't spend a whole lot of time together...

Yeah, but their consverations in the pod racer hanger seem to show that
they are getting to know one another...  It will be interesting to see how
they meet up again.

I'm not entirely comfortable having C3PO built by Darth Vader; it seems a
little too contrived, even for Lucas.  On a more universe-specific note, didn't
3PO in one of the myriad books indicate that he'd never had him memory wiped?
If so, it seems odd that he didn't have some reaction to Obi-Wan in Episode IV,
or even to Tattooine itself.
I'm just fishing for info here--I really don't know.

    Dave!

Good Point.  The fact that Threepio was built by Anakin gives me some plot-
jitters.  Why, for example, did Vader not recognize R2 & C3PO when in ANH when
everyone was rushing across the docking bay floor to make it to the Falcon (when
Vader killed Obi Wan, and was walking toward the docking bay as the blast doors
closed in on him)?  Sure, Threepio has new skin, but I'd expect the fearsome
dark lord of the Sith to be an astute villain.  Something just doesn't add up in
all this...I hope that Lucas has a suprise plot twist up his sleeve.  I don't
know, there are so many plot inconsistencies emerging that I'm feeling uneasy.
Lucas is a visionary, but he doesn't seem to have an eye for subtlety.  I'm
worried that any inconsistencies may simply be ignored in the final products, or
we may get some crappy thrown-together feel-good drivel when all is said and
done.