 Star Wars / 7599
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:41:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes: • **snip**
There's a lot of decent arguments against midchlorians, but this isn't one
of the good ones.

I was making a rhetorical point, rather than giving a precise suggestion of
how to get Forceful.

It's one I've heard over and over as showing "how stupid midichlorians
are" without the people saying it ever realizing how stupid their
"counterargument" sounds.

If you mean you preferred the force as a wholly mystical rather than as a
"scientific" phenomenon, that's all you need to say - it's really just a
matter of personal preference.  A lot of people seem to forget that.

There's no reason why it can't be both - plenty of real-world mysticism
has grown up out of what are really scientific phenomena (astrophysics
comes to mind - eclipses, astrology, the whole world-ending "planetary
conjunction" crowd, etc)