 Star Wars / 7665
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:47:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
I just want to state that based on Obi-Wan's reaction when Luke asks him how
his father died that we can assume that Lucas always intended Vader to be
Luke's father.  He kind of has that "searching-for-an-explanation" look on • his
face.  Obi-Wan KNOWS Vader is Luke's father.

I am not so sure about this. The flirtation between Luke and his sister, them
looks ill-advised... given that SW was a kid's film.

The sister thing *was* thrown in.  Between Episode IV and Episode V being
filmed, Mark Hamill was in a motorcycle accident.  Besides necessitating the
addition of the Wampa scenes (to explain the new scars, and the change in his
face due to reconstructive surgery), it also caused Lucas to add stuff like the
infamous "That boy is our last hope"/"No, there is another" exchange between
Yoda and Obi-Wan, which was purposely vague.  This left Lucas an out to finish
the series if something should happen to Luke.

eric