 Star Wars / 7536
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 23:18:15 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:
I don't see this as a problem. I think one of the real problems is that
people went to see TPM, expecting it to be a stylistic copy of ANH: a
swashbuckling adventure against a powerful Empire.

That's not what it's about.

<snipped>

Agreed.  TPM is about a different time.  I didn't expect it to be a copy
of
any of the originals, in fact I liked it a lot.  Here's another thought,
in the 'dark times' that we see during the height of the Empire,
friendship
may be more important then it was during the Republic.  As part members
of the
rebellion, people may have had to work together and trust others more
then they
would in a comfortable society(like the Republic).   This might a theme
that
could be examined between the two films(TPM and ANH).

-chris