 Star Wars / 7533
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 22:41:23 GMT

"Bryan Hodges" <bhodges@SPAMBLOCKcos.wantweb.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
Yes!  I certainly didn't mean to imply it was the writing.  It's more the • way
the characters are acted.  And at that, it's more Anakin.

I don't see this as a problem.  After all, the acting in the original • trilogy
was not top notch, but that didn't keep any of us from loving it.

I don't think there is a problem with TPM, I think there's a problem with
people's expectations.  I'll admit, the first time I saw TPM I was a bit
disappointed, in fact I was downright mad that it didn't meet my
expectations.  Fortunately, I had already bought my ticket for a second
showing the next day, which made be realize how good of a movie it really • is.
The second time I saw it I let go, and allowed myself to be imersed in the
Star Wars Universe.  I also came to the realization that this is Lucas' • story,
not mine, and whichever way he goes with it is the way it should go, no • matter
what my opinion is.  I see the Star Wars movies, ALL of them, like I see a
classic novel, or even the Bible.  You can complain all you want about how • the
story goes, but in the end it's not your story, and you can't change it.
Either sit back and enjoy the story, or write your own.

I for one will be back in line to see Episode II, and if the box office • sales
and video sales of TPM are any indication, I won't be alone.

-Bryan
(down from the soap box)

I was going to post my opinion, but I see that it already has.  Well
written, Bryan and keep the soap box