 Star Wars / 7563
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:27:58 GMT

While it is entirely possible that C3PO did indicate in one of the books that
he'd never had his memory wiped, you've got to remember that Lucas is not
bound by the books.  Anyone that writes a Star Wars book is simply writing a
modification to Lucas' story...  Lucas' writings take precendence over what
anyone else writes.  Therefore if what Lucas writes seems contradictory to
what someone else has written, the contradiction is in fact on the part of the
other author, not Lucas... Even if the writings of the other author predate
those written by Lucas.

(reference to a seperate post): As for the midichlorians removing from the
mystacism of the Force, I disagree.  The introduction of the midichlorians
doesn't offer an explanation of the Force, rather an explanation of how the
Jedi access the Force.  While it does offer a more scientific way of measuring
one's Force ability (forcability?) it does not in any way make the Force
measurable.  Midichlorians do not detract from the "spirituality" of the
story, rather they allow another way to say that one is "strong in the Force."

-Bryan

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
I'm not entirely comfortable having C3PO built by Darth Vader; it seems a
little too contrived, even for Lucas.  On a more universe-specific note, • didn't
3PO in one of the myriad books indicate that he'd never had him memory wiped?
If so, it seems odd that he didn't have some reaction to Obi-Wan in Episode • IV,
or even to Tattooine itself.
I'm just fishing for info here--I really don't know.

    Dave!