 Star Wars / 7567
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:30:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:

So if I want to juice up my Forcability, do I run to the doctor for a quick
shot of midichlorians?

That depends.

If you want to "juice up" the efficiency of turning food into energy, do
you go to your doctor for a quick shot of mitochondria?

No?

If you want to be smarter, can you just put some neurons in a syringe and
launch them into your veins?

No?

Well then, what makes you think that you could do the same with
midichlorians?

There's a lot of decent arguments against midchlorians, but this isn't one
of the good ones.

Quantifying the accessibility of the Force in any way
by definition strips it of some of its mysticism, much like saying that
someone is more holy because he's got more manna in his blood, or other
gobbledegook.

Er, how is "he is strong in the force" any different from "he has mana in
his blood"?