 Star Wars / 7644
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:15:31 GMT

I just want to state that based on Obi-Wan's reaction when Luke asks him how
his father died that we can assume that Lucas always intended Vader to be
Luke's father.  He kind of has that "searching-for-an-explanation" look on his
face.  Obi-Wan KNOWS Vader is Luke's father.

Besides, Darth Vader is Swedish (or Danish or something) for Dark Father.

-Bryan

In lugnet.starwars, Erik Olson writes:
I said I'd never seen any statement to that effect--from an official source • like
Lucas or Kurtz talking about the early story (and I've seen a few of those • types
of interviews.) Besides, Obi-wan made everybody think otherwise, and that's • the
kind of hole-to-be-dug-out-of that I was talking about.