 Star Wars / 7611
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:24:00 GMT

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:
I agree that even though he Obi-Wan doesn't come out and say he knows the
droids, doesn't he say something like "Come here little friend" to R2D2 • when
he is hiding in the rocks on Tatooine after the Sand People attack Luke • in ANH.

Lucas seems to be making things up as he goes along.  I wouldn't attribute • that
comment to any story continuity that is now revealing itself.  I think • that it
was just Obi Wan being a nice old gentleman.

Another thing to look at is, if I remember correctly, Obi Wan never really
got close to R2 in EPI.  When in tatooine, he stayed behind with however
many astromech droids remained on the vessel.