 Star Wars / 7578
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:25:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Another thing that seems very obvious now is Luke never knew how to use a
Lightsaber very well and Vader was just playing with him. Obi-wan and Vader
also seem to just toy with each other while talking.

Lucas said at one point before the movie (as an answer to a question about
whether there would be a lightsaber duel in TPM) that what we had seen up • until
now (ie, the first three movies) was old men past their prime and a young kid
who had no idea what he was doing using lightsabers.

eric

Fascinating.  I got that idea just from watching the 4 exsisting movies.  And
people say Lucas doesn't know how to tell a story.  I reserve final Judgement
on everything till I can spend a day watching all 6 movies.

-Lord Insanity