 Star Wars / 7633
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:35:56 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Selçuk Göre writes:

Jeff Jardine wrote:
I used to have a Star Wars comic book where Jabba the Hutt was a • snarling
humanoid in a space suit, chasing Han and Chewbacca. I wish I still had • it.

Jaba The Hutt of the first film, (the original one, not the retouched,
effect rich newer editions) was also a humanoid.

  Perhaps I saw oddly edited versions prior to '97, but I don't recall • seeing
Jabba onscreen at all!

Well, in the special edition of A New Hope, when they showed how the film
was made, the Jabba scene, before Luke and Ben came on the ship, Han was
talking to Jabba, who was a fat human, but never was released (It was on the
cutting room floor). Instead, they put in a computer generated Jabba on top
of the human, and worked around Han talking to him and walking around him.
It was an interesting scene, and they did a real nice job in regards to
making this scene work.

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
It's Almost Here! ->The Sanburn Systems Company