 Organizations / United States / L.U.C.N.Y. / *337 (-100)
  Re: Quiet Lucnyville and Baseplate inventories

(...) Well, I guess we all have been on the same wavelength lately. I have spent time the last few days washing my baseplates and I have just provided my baseplate and track inventory in the message just before this one. This should help with the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Track Counts/Baseplate Counts

(...) After some delay, here is my track count as promised. I expect that the count will increase within the next few months as funding allows. 32 Straight Tracks 36 Curved Tracks 1 Left Point 1 Right Point 2 Cross Tracks Also as promised is my (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville Website

(...) I've (...) look (...) I would be happy to donate webspace. I have 2 PAID web accounts that I do not use except for a few pages of text (for BrickLink shop). I can upload with no difficulty to my space at crosswinds.net but have found uploading (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Lucnyville Website

I've got plain generic face for Lucnyville up in my account and its live. I've still got some things to add but, I figured as I get them up you guys can look and make comments. As well as let me know if I forgot something. Once we get lucny.org back (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Quiet Lucnyville

John We(I) did try to get an initial count from people but only Ed Responded Kevin Mentioned at the meeting that he had a ton of plates. Based from what I posted and Ed and John we have a yucky mixture. I think the first thing we need to do is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Quiet Lucnyville

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo uttered these words: (...) Nate has a design as well. I've finished mine. Sand Red with Tan and Black detailing Nate's could become a court house, as it has that feel. (...) Finished pending inspection (...) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Quiet Lucnyville

I was curious to know where everyone stands with buildings designs... As well as other possible Layouts.. We briefly talked about changing the design yet no one came forward with the offical changes. I know a few of you are traveling and what not (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Railroad show in Ithaca

(...) I think I've been to this group's shows the past two years, and it looks like they're in a different venue this year. In past years, they held a show, IIR, in the Armory off Rte. 13 past the mall. I'd guess they outgrew the space, as they took (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Railroad show in Ithaca

Hi. This is sort of not Lego-related, but the Cornell Railroad Historical Society is holding the Finger Lakes Railfair this weekend. Go to (URL) for a description of the group and the event. I'll be out of town this weekend else I'd try to make it. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Marconi Tower

(...) Thanks, Duane - and thanks to Nicole for the pictures! Ed (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY stuff

(...) I got mine in a couple of days, but one day too late to wear proudly down to the WAMALUG meeting of a week ago. I wish they offered 2XLT, but they only have 2XL which means my wife will steal it after a couple of good boilings in the wash ;) I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  The latest issue of the Lucnyville Picayune

<IC> Dear SUBSCRIBER, As per the recent fire in the town hall building, the Lucnyville Picayune is opting for the time being to publish the news of the day via e-mail. TOWN HALL DEMOLISHED Dateline-Town Hall Park In a statement Sunday on the lawn of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Announcing LUCNY Apparel and Goods.

(...) I've ordered some www.megatokyo.com stuff. The mug was nice. The shirts were very unimpressive heat transfer stuff (not silk screened). I sort of expected that because I figure they are not making up screens on spec, they just laserprint some (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.market.services, lugnet.org)

  Re: Announcing LUCNY Apparel and Goods.

I've tried ordering twice from there web site... They have crap Service.. First time a week ago I called them because after I sent my creditcard it went to a (Broken link and call customer service... Great god knows who has a copy of my credit card (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Announcing LUCNY Apparel and Goods.

Hi, all. Has anybody received any LUCNY stuff yet? I'd like to get some, but am curious about the quality, especially when the logos are blown up onto T-shirts, etc. (Or if anybody has previously ordered stuff from Cafepress I'd be curious to hear (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Retired local shows LUCNYville support.

(IC) One of the local retired guys decided to retrofit the old broken down Gas Station and Food Store. He had some help this week and they have made some great progress. I think the only thing they have to wait on is the new chillers for the soda (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Marconi Tower

Hi Nicole had an emergency and had to leave town quickly last nite. She asked if I would write to (whom ever asked I forgot the name, sorry)and let him know when the marconi tower picture went up. So its on our Brickshelf under non lego (i think). (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Any orders for the LEGO Outlet?

(...) We're off! Talk to you all when we return. :) -John Rudy www.geocities.com/TJJohn12 (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Ammendment to U-Haul Rental Shop (Was:Tidbits for LUCNYVILLE)

Due to several corporate mergers and the like, the U-Haul Rental Facility in Lucnyville will now be known by the new Corporate name I-Move. The new facility is in the process of working out several contracts with possible vehicle suppliers. Nate (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Tidbits for LUCNYVILLE

Hey all. I would like to submit my proposal for the newest addition to Lucnyville' Buisness District. It is my U-Haul Rental Facility. It will provide the citizens of Lucnyville the oppurtunity to have access to a low-cost Rental facility. It will (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) and will be a great challenge to build. Ed (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Any orders for the LEGO Outlet?

Hey LUCNY-ites, Well, spring break is here and We're off (on Tuesday). An odd vacation this year. :) College Shopping. I'll be in Northern Virginia, and be visiting the outlet, and was wondering, does anyone want anything? Keychains? I guess I can (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Tidbits for LUCNYVILLE

Just for some reference and so our Business Director and Senior Civil Engineer has something to go by as well as others... 16 x 32 studs = 1/8 acre 32 x 32 studs = 1/4 acre 48 x 48 studs = 1/2 acre 64 x 64 studs = 1 acre Price per 1/4 acre 1/4 acre (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Your Subscription to the Lucnyville Picayune

All= First, John, awesome paper! Second, Okay, here's the story of my life right now: Finals. I really really want to get involved with Lucnyville (Ive got a few ideas up my sleeve), unfortunately these last few weeks of school will be spent writing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Your Subscription to the Lucnyville Picayune

Dear SUBSCRIBER, Congratulations! Someone has signed you up to recieve the Lucnyville Picayune, the official newspaper of Lucnyville. The Latest Issue: (URL) Lucnyville Picayune (A division of the Business District Common Council) Note: The Picayune (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNYVILLE MEETING (Urgent)

(in character) Nicole Arcane CFO of Arcane Company or one of her representatives will attend. Arcane Company wishes to purchase this building: (URL) initial scouting reports show its nearly perfect for our needs. (OOC) -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

<snip> (...) too, (...) "what's (...) I'll get some up on our brickshelf account by Monday. In the meantime i put up a couple more here: (URL) for the ones named mvc (something). -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) Ahh, if you're looking for a train-layout Utica submission, what better than ... the train station?!? Seems to me it would only have to be, what, 40 bricks tall in the main hall? ;) Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the gold dome (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

Yeah, great idea, but I'm not even going to attempt Utica's gold dome bank ;) Perhaps I can do the train yard where they stash all the old crashed train cars and wagons. Give me a place to put all my rolling stock experiments which didn't quite work (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes: <SNIP> (...) Ed et All, When I said in some thread back (don't have time as I'm babysitting and holding up the phone line) that local color and history brings a layout to life. This is a perfect example. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNYVILLE MEETING (Urgent)

Attn: All LUCNYVILLE Residents We NEED to sch'd another Board meeting to determine what is going on in our town. This meeting will cover not only roles but, the responsibilities of its members. I got a call from the Mayor who was concerned over the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) curved side should be a challenge too... ...and I better start modeling older houses so your employees can live there! It's not shown in your pics, but there's one of the last existing Marconi towers to the right of the train station that I'd (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Ohh... I want one of those, and that and that and that...... -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) Rudy" <TJJohn12@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:GuBJ8F.I1z@lugnet.com... (...) York (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Announcing LUCNY Apparel and Goods.

John, Cool cool! I expect everyone to be wearing a piece of lucny paraphenelia the next time we meet! Kidding, but cool stuff there, John! Oh, and if you want another logo, here's one I kinda cooked up: (URL) of corporate feeling, but hey, just (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Announcing LUCNY Apparel and Goods.

Hi All, Just a quick note to announce the opening of "LEGO Users of Central New York Apparel & Goods" shop at Cafepress.com: (URL) everyone would like to show their AFOL and LUCNY pride. Enjoy. -John Rudy www.geocities.com/TJJohn12 (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) based (...) ...perk... did i hear our name? --quick outline-- * arcane company *almost never seen ceo, Duel (since were incorporating our websites into this) *currently located in state of maine *desires purchase of large old multi floor (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Calling in Favors (parts)

Ok after some consideration I see that I do need some stuff. Before I go out and spend the money I figured I would ask within the group first. I'm also trying another Ed Special by making my version for the Crossing Station. Problem is the two micro (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) *big snip* Sounds too hard. Can't wait to sleep through this job! (...) I gotta see that! Ed (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Media Max/HORC in Vestal

(...) I'm not sure it's worth keeping a secret, but you're right - it's not that big a town, and most things are on the main drag. West of Wal-Mart should get you there just fine. Ed (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Media Max/HORC in Vestal

(...) That might be a good idea! But... I've BEEN to Vestal, it's not THAT big of a town, you could probably find it by driving around. I was able to find an address for what I think is the place using only internet resources (so I may have to stop (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Media Max/HORC in Vestal

Hi ! Any chance of directions, or are you planning on keeping the location a secret ;) JB (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Media Max/HORC in Vestal

(...) Wow...pretty coincidental, because... Yesterday Peter Jarvis and I spent a nice afternoon trolling for good parts at MediaMax. It was my first visit but not my last. Despite the cramped space and the overflowing bins to pick through, we both (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Media Max/HORC in Vestal

Hey, all. There had been question about whether HORC (now Media Max) in Vestal was still open or not. I stopped today, and can report that it definitely is, and they still have the Lego trough. We got there just as they were closing, though, so I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) I talked with the outside contractors today and found out that they just finished work on the TraK-WorKs building and the employees are already moved in.. took some snaps from the helicoper. Outside (URL) Room with Whiteboard (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) If we do a show when I'm around and have time, I'd enjoy doing a 12V layout. I was thinking of a loop with a couple of turnouts inside with a "stop signal" or two (if I can get another one) so we could possibly do some remote-controlled (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) Ok you asked for it... heheh DEFINITION To plan, organize, direct, and supervise the Engineering or Transportation Divisions of the Public Works Department, and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to the assigned area of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes: *snippage* (...) I am happy to accept the Senior Civil Engineer position. Aren't those the people who provide targets for the military? :^) *snippage* Ed (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

I think ideal train layouts should utilize tables on four sides. The (...) Four Tables??? geeez we have a town that big? (...) True but it will depend on if we have the room to display that size... and if we have the tables. Just keep that in mind. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

I guess the HiTechnic folks can just confine themselves to the industrial quarter. Wouldn't want all the tailings from the ABS mines upsetting the look of the place. Just as long as there's not too much graft involved in getting building permission (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) go (...) plates (...) Nate, I think ideal train layouts should utilize tables on four sides. The restrictions of track curvature may make this necessary. Also, a lot of tight curves are difficult for long trains to navigate due to increased (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) While it would be nice to do that I am apposed to that only because train layouts aren't as flexible and town layouts.. because the tracks only have two sizes... Straight and curve that makes it difficult to get loops tight together and they (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout design (Round 1)

(...) I was doing some thinking and what if we decided to make the layout in an L-shape? Still 2 tables, but it would allow for a little more control for us...Public on one side, us (exhibitors) on another. I just gave track designer a whirl and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes: <<snipped>> (...) Wayne this is a great idea. Very cool. I am happy to accept the postion of Director of the Lucnyville Historical Society and Chairman of Lucnyville Preservation and Restoration (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(In Character) In light of K-Salm Constructions busy sch. I have reallocated the HiTechnic Building plans to an outside contractor from the neighboring town. They have already starting the project and have the skeletal parts of the building up. It (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) give (...) Gee, I don't ever recall bidding on that job. I am drafting my bid proposals for an airport, hotel, harbour, and some other warehousing space, however. I need to contact Mr. Sardullo at the Zoning board for project approval. <grin> (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Track Counts

I'm not sure who asked what I had but here the total number of tracks. This count is based on what I could find, there might be some more laying around or in boxes somewhere. 148 Straight Tracks 196 Curved Tracks 6 left Points 5 right Points I also (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Layout design (Round 1)

I gave a shot at Track Designer and came up with this design (URL) right handside has been created in my living room, right is mirrored to the other side except for the switch out to repair shop. If you study the track layout you will find that it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Rudy writes: <<snipped>> (...) I was originally just thinking as a landmark, but the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have some minifigs dressed in NPS uniforms giving a little tours... In terms of local (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

Wow, things are heating up! :) It seems we have our own personal Castle World for Trains and Town, this should be fun. I Love George H's idea of an old canal. I think if we can infuse some local scenes in with our fictitious ones, we may please a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

(...) Nate, Wow, lots of potention, I like the idea. Is there room for an old canal? George (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

YES!!!...!!! I love it. Luck-Knee-Ville yes thats the correct way to pronounce it. Nate you've sent chills down my Spine. This is what we needed.... Now we have a Roadmap to work from... Your Insight as Mr Burns would say.... "Excellent....!" I have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could

The story of the city that could. Lucnyville, pronounced "luck-knee-ville"?? had been at one time a bustling frontier town. It had modernized and grown with the advent of the industrial age and grew to be an important stop on the railroad for (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Moment of Clarity

(...) I'll have to get more pictures when I get a chance - I'm working on the LDraw stuff tonight. I agree - automating the points opens up a lot of possibilities. I'd love to coordinate with John on stuff for a portion of the module, or just (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us

(...) Exactly! (...) I think a trolley loop should be idea for this. Lots of ways to incorporate a dogbone loop for those, and an RCX would help us take advantage of that tight design over a regular loop with switched polarity matched with your (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) obviously (...) Is this like what Dean did for our last VLC layout? We had 2 passenger trains running on the same outer loop - one just went round and round, but the other one (Hogwarts Express) was (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us

Crossposted to trains and trains.org for more visibility as I feel this is pretty exciting stuff! (...) There are a myriad of small trackside buildings that can be used, as well as equipment cabinets etc which are used for prototype (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us

Hi ! I like the overall scheme, although my knowledge in the general area of trains and buildings etc is very sketchy yet. But I am very keen to incorporate/infuse Mindstorms "stuff" into layout automatation. I loved the jam-proof motorized point (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Moment of Clarity

Ok I have a mouth and brain full of stuff to cover. I am going to try and be brief and not jump around to cover everything that I want to say. (Takes a DEEP Breathe) #1 after some thinking about the layout I came to the conclusion that Yes we will (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Website Update

This month's update at Duel's Tales are: *updated toa moc's page *edited tales, characters, athas info, and tech info pages *edited turaga, tohonga, masks, and notes pages *updated plans & ideas page Note that next month (May) the site will be down (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: If you thought the army was big before.....

(...) How many lf those 6706's did you get your hands on? I'm guessing around twenty two? I bet you cleared their inventory on that! (...) I'd like to see a futuristic setting city! That would be tight! Of course, rural settings are great too, only (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  If you thought the army was big before.....

Well, I just got back from a shopping trip up to Montreal, Quebec and I consider myself one of the luckiest Western Theme fans around. Following a tip from a kind soul I set out to search for 6706 Frontier Patrol((URL) Quite to my amazement I found (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Walmart in East Syracuse has EP II

(...) I'm definitely going to have to grab me one (at least) of those sets for that head. Cool use of the Islander Babe torso. Stop-motion animated LEGO belly-dancing here I come! Greg (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Walmart in East Syracuse has EP II

Hi All, Just a heads up that Walmart in East Syracuse has EP II stuff. included are Bounty Hunter Pursuit, Slave 1, Jedi Starfighter(they've had this for about a month), Jango Fett (technic) and Super Battle Droid (also technic). They also finally (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Improved Train models

(...) *snippage* (...) Wow - sounds like a large consist that would look excellent on a large enough layout. I look forward to seeing it, of course. (...) Ahh - much better. (...) No problem. All our trains can be derailed at some speed or (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Trains

(...) I think you're right. There's simple grabbers in past LEGO sets that worked well, but required the Hand of God to firmly attach and grip the container. You may have to use a motorized arm with a small micro-motor to handle the grasping and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: An updated reciprocal point motor design with semaphore

(...) *snippage* (...) Ahh, Kevin, thanks for sticking up for me! Wayne did a great job getting that layout up and running so quickly. You'll gain experience and perform just as well - take your time. Your creations are off to a great start. I'll (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Trains

You people! I'm not a train person ... correction, I wasn't a train person ;) Now, I'm working on an idea for my piece of some future train show. I found out the proper name for what I want to make is an intermodal transfer station. A fancy gantry (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Improved Train models

Sometimes a little gentle nudging and encouragement by others is all it takes to spur greater creativity. I have found this to be true for me since last weekend's meeting. I have been accumulating Lego parts to build trains for several years, but (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: An updated reciprocal point motor design with semaphore

(...) NICE DESIGN!!! I expect you will provide this for all future club layouts? I did not read all the technical stuff in the background threads, but I definitely give this a thumbs up and hope that it performs as intended. BTW, I was actually (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Some more pics of 2-23-02 meeting

Alan got a chance to run his nice steam loco with green combo car and passenger cars. The combo car is the powered unit, keeping the engine itself high in detail and smooth operation. Alan's green 9v train: (URL) brought a portion of his town (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: What Fun!

Hi, all. I'll just add my quick thanks to you all for a most enjoyable afternoon. It was great to see everybody's creations, and I enjoyed playing with everybody from the oldest to the youngest (your kids are a lot of fun, Ed--a great combination of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Tractor Trailer

(...) I was trying to figure out how to make the letters stand out a little more, but without going to 4 length (current length is 3) it is very difficult. The length of the trailer will not allow four length letters unfortunatly. I haven't really (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: What Fun!

(...) Thanks for the quick photo posts, John (or do we have to call you JR or something to distinguish you from John Barnes aka JB?). I'm going to have to get working on my buildings, based on the inspiration I now have from yours. You summed it up (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: What Fun!

(...) Same goes for myself and my family. Nice to meet you John. I'll have to check out your custom sensors next time! Ed (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Small Video of Gathering

(...) Cool! (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Tractor Trailer

(...) Looks good, but I'm curious about the back doors on the trailer. What's the detail look like back there? Probably not much you can do with the resolution of the LUCNY letters on the side, but maybe more stacked plates would help instead of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: What Fun!

(...) No prob on the huddling, Nate - we've all been in the zone on a LEGO project. It was nice to meet you. Thanks for letting my son quiz you on what you were up to, and he wants a Yoda statue now. *thanks* :^) Ed (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Another Success

(...) Great idea, Nate! I won't divulge where I'm hiding mine... Ed (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Sunday adventures

Well, I had a ton of fun in Cortland on Saturday. We have GOT to do it again SOON !!! I just finished viewing John Rudy's pics and I laughed when I saw the shot of my little museum of my favorite Lego parts. The shots of the derailed train came out (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Another Success

(...) I just got a neat idea for a possible activity for kids and/or adults at our first show...we could place various vehicles or buildings with the LUCNY logo around the layout and then have the people look around for the logos and see how many (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: What Fun!

Hi ! I'd just like to thank everyone for a most enjoyable afternoon. It was a pleasure to meet with you all and I look forward to the next opportunity to do it all again. JB (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Another Success

First just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and displaying their stuff. Also a special thanks to Alan for getting the church basement for us. That was a ton better then meeting in the Mall. Its good to see that everyone has there own ninch. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNY Tractor Trailer

This afternoon I got to thinking about an idea of Wayne's that we all could perhaps make a rolling stock with LUCNY Logo, well since I am just starting to get into trains...I decided I would design a Tractor Trailer with the letters. So unveiled (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Small Video of Gathering

During the Gathering this afternoon, I did manage to do a little filming. I came up with about 1 minute of footage. Basically it is Alan showing how 12v track goes together and the "accident recreation" scene. With a couple seconds of Kevin's great (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: What Fun!

It was great fun today. It was wonderful to finally put some faces to names. Sorry I kinda huddled in the corner, but I really wanted to try and finish Yoda by the time the meeting finished. I didn't finish it, but I sure was close. I got home and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  What Fun!

Well, I just got home, What a blast today was. Track Strewn across the room, the smell of 12v in the air. A very good day in all. Don't have time to write a summary of events right now, but I did get my pics up: (URL) everyone! -John Rudy (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Directions! (MISTAKE IN ORIGINAL!)

(...) I was leaning towards the 281 route since that's the termination of the T. I'll be coming down through state 90 (not Thruway) over hill and dale, and I'll end up on 281 anyway. It's on the way to A&W! (...) I gotta see _that_! :^) (...) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Directions! (MISTAKE IN ORIGINAL!)

(...) I am no expert on Cortland, but I wondered about that Route 11 thing figuring you meant to take 281. Anyway, it is a bit after 9AM here and I am pretty certain I will be hitting the road within the hour. No new snowfall in sight or being (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Directions! (MISTAKE IN ORIGINAL!)

Hi. There's a mistake in the original directions--when you exit off of 81, you should take 281, not 11! The exit off of 81 works as follows: you get off of 81, and pretty immediately there's an exit to the right which is 11 to Homer. DON'T take it! (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Meeting March 23rd in Cortland (was Re: Greetings from a fellow CNY'er)

Hi everyone! Sorry the only thing you've heard from me lately is just an update to the website. :( Well due to some serious problems that I'm not getting into, we won't be coming to the meeting although I'd love to actually see you all in person! (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact