Subject:
The latest issue of the Lucnyville Picayune
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:52:06 GMT

<IC>

Dear SUBSCRIBER,
As per the recent fire in the town hall building, the Lucnyville Picayune is
opting for the time being to publish the news of the day via e-mail.

TOWN HALL DEMOLISHED
Dateline-Town Hall Park
  In a statement Sunday on the lawn of the once beautiful Town Hall, the
mayor announced that the remains of the building, gutted by fire two weeks
ago, will need to be torn down.
  "I'm sad to say," the mayor commented, "that anohter of the beautif
landmarks that graced our fair city is no more.  Like the victorian home
that sat on 1st street where I grew up, the old town hall is no more."
  After the mayor's brief words, Ed McGlynn gave a detailed account of the
problems that plagued the effort to save the building. "The fire damage was
too great," McGlynn noted, "It was not only the destruction of the main
wooden joists that held the walls together, but the water damage that did
the building in. We have observed considerable settling and instability in
the basement floors, causing the superstructure to list to one side, as you
can see behind me."
  In a brief memo to local media, chairman of the business district, John
Rudy, told of recent news he recieved from the county that Lucnyville was
chosen to be the site of a new County Courthouse and offices. Plans for the
structure, to be built with, "salvaged building materials," from the now
defunct Town Hall, are in the works.  A short groundbreaking ceremony, the
memo states, will be held next saturday.
  The town is now requesting design submissions and bids for the
construction of the new Town Hall. Please submit designs to:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/lucny/

Remember, The Lucnyville Picayune, We'll keep you informed, no matter what
peril we must endure.

Sneior Editor
Lucnyville Picayune

</IC>

Hi All,
  I'm back from my trip.  The LEGO Outlet was worth the trip, just for the
clothes. :)  Sorry Wayne, no motors.  And sorry Nate, no western.
I've decided to scrap the townhall, going for a more modern looking County
office building using the original ediface and the bulk sand red brick packs
and grey train windows I bought down in VA.  I'm finding it hard to fight
the urges to scrap my Metroliner for the extra windows.  :)
  Also, Nate, I've bought a few sets that I think will make good Army
Engineers to go along with the fort scene.  Maybe a pontoon bridge
construction scene?  Anyways, I'll start working them up.
  Sorry if anyone can't use Cafepress.  The log for orders says only one
went through, John Barnes, so, John, when you recieve the package, give us a
hollar as to quality.
  Hope no one's collection was thrown from the shelves during the earthquake. ;)

Anyways, off to build,
-John "New York Feels so Cold Now" Rudy