Re: If you thought the army was big before.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:14:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nate Jacobs writes:
Well, I just got back from a shopping trip up to Montreal, Quebec and I
consider myself one of the luckiest Western Theme fans around.  Following a
tip from a kind soul I set out to search for 6706 Frontier
Patrol(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6706)  Quite to my amazement I found the
6706's, all 25 or so of them sitting on a store shelf marked down to $2.99
Canadian...that is about $1.89 US.  Since the set retailed for around $6 US.
I made out like a bandit.  Needless to say I piled up the shopping cart with
as many as I could afford.  The Army of about 100 Union soldiers has just
grown to about 170.  You can be rest assured that come payday next week I
will be heading up to Canada once again to see what else is lurking around
the store!!  Hopefully I can get my army up to around 200.  That I think
would be quite cool.

How many lf those 6706's did you get your hands on? I'm guessing around
twenty two? I bet you cleared their inventory on that!

Also on a side note...I have been working on designing some buildings.  I
figure that a real important detail to work out for a possible layout is
what type of city will we be depicting.  A large metropolitan area or a
small rural town or perhaps a medium sized city?  The buildings I have
designed are suited more for the small to medium sized city.  You can see
them at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=14507

Suggestions, Comments, Additions all welcome!!

I'd like to see a futuristic setting city! That would be tight! Of course,
rural settings are great too, only downside, more brown and tan bricks. :)
(but, of course, if you're working with cad, it doesn't matter!)

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112
Pyrokid17@hotmail.com