Subject:
Another Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:31:36 GMT

First just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and displaying their stuff.
Also a special thanks to Alan for getting the church basement for us. That was
a ton better then meeting in the Mall.

Its good to see that everyone has there own ninch. Trains, Vehicles, Technic,
Mindstorms, Buildings...  As per our discussion about what to do layout wise
and for the future of LUCNY.

The module plates idea... a rough estimate of plate layout size for two tables
put together is about  6 plates x 12 plates.  There is more space but, I
figured that would be a good start for us. I will get my hands on track
designer and give an overhead and try and break things up in modules and start
attaching Names to areas. Then we can work through any changes as for as what
you have what you want to have what you need. (such as whos got x kind of
plates)

Nate has also made me think about what I said about the train cars displaying
LUCNY logo.  Actually, let me take it back and say make it anything. A truck, a
car, Boat, Building, train.... that way no one is forced to get stuck on
trains. after seeing how much train stuff we have I say we don't need anymore.
I myself want to think about buildings next and tackle that animal since that
will be the area we need to improve on.

I'd really like to keep an open dialog for ideas and what to see for our next
meeting. If we can do it I'd almost like to see us have the generic display
that we might use for a first offical layout..

Other news I was in the mall today and talked with one of the managers at Zainy
Brainy. We might be able to put a one day display in their store...

On my way out the door I dropped my camera. I got it back and it does work but,
its acting funny. I'm having some issues getting the picts to the computer.
Some of them came out ok but others didn't.

Once again,  GREAT JOB to everyone.
Wayne