Subject:
Media Max/HORC in Vestal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 03:25:23 GMT

Hey, all.  There had been question about whether HORC (now Media Max) in
Vestal was still open or not.  I stopped today, and can report that it
definitely is, and they still have the Lego trough.  We got there just
as they were closing, though, so I didn't have much time to sort through
the troughs, unfortunately.  They have less space devoted to Lego, but
still lots there to pick through (there were lots of Homemakers
cupboards from the 70's, looking almost new--I did see those, and
they're still there).  Hours are short, 12-6 Wed. and Thus, 12-8 Fri,
12-5 Saturday (If I remember correctly--I may not).  They're called
Media Max and are located in a small plaza on the Vestal Parkway a bit
west of the WalMart Plaza, on the same side of the street.  The lady
there told me $10/lb and $1 per minifig when I walked in, and then the
guy told me $.50 per part (??), as far as prices go.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, HORC is a hobby
store/swap shop that specializes in video games and that sort of thing.
He takes Lego in trade for other stuff and sticks it all in huge bins
and troughs. You can sort through and buy by the piece--a very
recreational way to spend a Saturday afternoon (although the proprietor
is a little cranky at times), and I've hauled some nice parts home from
there.  Especially helpful is that my wife also likes treasure hunting,
as she calls it, and she was actually disappointed they were closed
today so she couldn't help look! :-)

Alan