Re: Directions! (MISTAKE IN ORIGINAL!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:32:09 GMT

Hi.  There's a mistake in the original directions--when you exit off of 81,
you should take 281, not 11!  The exit off of 81 works as follows:  you get
off of 81, and pretty immediately there's an exit to the right which is 11
to Homer.    DON'T take it!  Then after a bit there's a T intersection as
described below.  Turn left there (as I said), but the road you end up on is
281 and not 11.  Sorry--hope this reaches most of you in time!

Alan

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Alan Demlow writes:
Hi.  Sorry I didn't get these out sooner--we were gone this weekend for a short
spring break trip.  The location is the Cortland Free Methodist Church (the
church has actually changed its name to Living Word Free Methodist Church--at
least I think that's the new name--the important part to remember is Free
Methodist, and Cortland Free Methodist is still what shows up in Yahoo's Yellow
Pages).  The address is 9 Grace St., Cortland, NY, (607) 756-7385 (and Yahoo
also appears to have 21 Jewett Ave. in its database for the church,
too--probably the parsonage, but either should work for finding directions
online).  This should allow you to get directions online if needed, but here
they are also:

Take 81 to exit 12 (Homer/Cortland).  This exit can be a touch confusing--you
get off and eventually (after 1/4 mile or so) end up at T intersection with a
stoplight.  This is US11.  Turn left onto 11.  Go about 2 miles (according to
Yahoo's directions--sounds about right to me, too).  Turn left onto Madison St.
(there's a stoplight here).  After one of the stoplights (I believe the second
stoplight), turn right onto Grace St.  You'll cross over Jewett Ave. very
quickly after turning onto Grace, and the parking lot will be on your left.

As mentioned we'll come about noon and order pizza shortly thereafter.  I
haven't figured out an exact ending time, but I'm figuring I'll need to wrap up
between 4 and 5.

Alan