Re: Greetings from a fellow CNY'er
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 04:52:51 GMT

Nate Welcome aboard..

  To complete your membership please send a check for 1000 dollars US and all
your lego to me and we should be all set. I charge the group discount prices to
rent back their lego. Most of them get angry but, Business is business.

Anyhow seriously, I'm just going to need a small amount of info about yourself
so I can document it somewhere along with everyone elses stuff. Until we can
get our site back its been basically host your own site. To get you up to speed
on what we are all up to I ask ALL members to please publish your websites
again. I did have the list somwhere but, I have been doing some paperwork house
cleaning and I think I throw out the napkins.

Here's my main link

http://www.oswego.edu/~sardullo/lego.php

You may experience some lag due to the college having some Badwidth issues but
its usually not to bad. I probably need to update my news and images. Maybe
this would be a good time to start that.

Cheers,

Wayne Sardullo (Acting Captain) of the U.S.S-L.U.C.N.Y.

Anyhow. Welcome aboard..

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Alan Demlow writes:
HOwdy, and welcome!  So, you want to become a member, eh?  I guess that means
you have to go through our hazing routine--it differs for ever member, but we
generally have initiates do things like walk barefoot and blindfolded across a
floor littered with sharp Lego bricks, or pry apart a stack of 10 4x6 plates
put tightly together using nothing but your bare fingers ;-)  OK, more
seriously...we don't really have membership requirements--I guess our
requirement would be that you're old enough (over 18? over 21?) or have a
parent accompany you to events.  I suppose if we had somebody particularly
obnoxious show up we might ask 'em to leave, but I think that would be • reserved
for quite extreme cases.  We've met a few times, generally quite informally in
a public place.  There are a few of us around Syracuse, a couple in Ithaca, • one
in Utica, and one in Canandaigua (I think--that's Ed) that I can think of
offhand.  We've met in Syracuse in the past and may aim to have our next
meeting in Cortland, if we get it planned.  Several of us are train types.  I
took a look at your web page and see you're into town--a good complement to
trains :-)

In any case, welcome!

Alan

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nate Jacobs writes:
Hello.  My name is Nate Jacobs and I have been here on Lugnet for about a
year and a half now.  However I just today came across the LUCNY.  I am from
Oneida, but go to school in Plattsburgh.  I have been into Lego(R) since I
was a little boy and I am quite excited to find a Lego users group in NY.  I
am interested in the possiblity of joining.  Tried the website, but then
read the thread about why it was no longer there.... So I decided this was
the next best place.  Please let me know anything that I need to know about
becoming a member.  Thanks.

Nate

http://home.twcny.rr.com/zeron/Nate/