Re: Meeting March 23rd in Cortland (was Re: Greetings from a fellow CNY'er)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:09:16 GMT

Man, I go away for a few days and then a ton of LUCNY Mail... How nice..

I'm up for the 23rd.

Pizza works for me..

If trading is planned, we should start a list of stuff rather then bring a ton
of stuff that isn't going to be traded,(just trying to think ahead.)

Wayne

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
Hi Alan -

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Alan Demlow writes:
My pastor said it should be fine for us to use the church basement that day
(Saturday March 23), although he has to confirm it for sure when I see him
Sunday.  Just as a warning of sorts, it's an old building and not as
comfortable as most newer buildings.  In particular, the part of the
basement with the most "play" space (or, train layout space!) isn't
carpeted, although if we don't set up large train layouts we could use a
different area.

Hey - how about I bring my LEGO carpet?  I've got two styles - one's a 4'x8'
contiguous roll of various LEGO Town scenes, and the other's the puzzle
piece style with numerous interlocking elements.  I guess the two can cover
an 8'x8' area if needed.  I think they'll work pretty well and look really • cool.

And of course we'll need to respect the fact that it's a
church--no drinkin' , cussin', or that kind of thing.  But I think we're a
pretty family-friendly group anyways.  Actually, there's a kid in the church
who's into Lego, and I may invite his dad to bring him by if we think we
might run some trains or something fun like that.

Definitely!

A small donation might be appreciated, but I think that we don't need to
feel at all compelled.  My wife and I are regular attenders and participants
in the church and I don't feel bad about using the building once in a while
for "unofficial" business.

We'll bring it up at the meeting when we're all filled with pizza and happy
to contribute.

We should pick a time--I'd suggest early afternoon, like about 1.  That way
people could eat before coming/arriving, and it gives enough time for Kevin
and others coming from a distance to get there.  Or if others would rather,
I don't see any problem with starting at noon or so and ordering pizza or
something.

I'll raise my hand for pizza and a noon meeting time.  I'm eager to try
Cortland's finest...

Any other suggestions for activities?  Can we have a show of hands for
attendance?  Does the time work?

Alan

*snip*

I think a trade/swap area would be good idea, like Nate suggested.
I plan on bringing my wife and two sons as usual, but we can only stay for a
couple of hours as we're on our way down to Binghamton that day.  I'll be
bringing the (currently!) lowest numerically registered Sante Fe locomotive
in existance, a bin of unsortable parts for sorting, my updated green 9v
switcher, etc.

I can give a first-hand report on the NGLTC show I attended a couple of
weeks ago at the meeting, if you'd like.  It was a lot of fun, and they had
some great ideas that we may be able to use in the future.

Sounds like a blast!

Ed