Re: Meeting March 23rd in Cortland (was Re: Greetings from a fellow CNY'er)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Alan Demlow writes:

As for activities, I'd be happy to hear about the train show Ed made it to a
few weeks back, and of course everybody should bring MOC's to share!  One
idea I had is that we could try to design cars or B-units for the Super
Chief and run them together, or for the townies, see if you can find a neat
building design from the Southwest that would look good with a Super Chief
next to it.  (I have to admit I may not have time to do this...maybe next
week!)  If anybody can come up with a fun game or Lego trivia, all the • better.

Alan, don't forget to give us the coordinates so we can get there :)

Layouts sound great.  I dunnno if I will take time to put one together,
but I will bring some of my favorite Town vehicles and perhaps some
Train creations.

As for activites, I would like to suggest a SHOW-and-TELL about specific
Lego elements.  I have come up with 4 categories:
1.  Your oldest Lego piece
2.  Old piece that you find very useful or is your favorite
3.  Newest piece that you find very useful or is your favorite
4.  A part that you have used in a unique way

To go along with this, I expect to bring along a selection of the oldest
pieces in my collection that were/are very versatile or unique in their
day.  A small history lesson on Lego bricks.
Since I am fascinated when I discover old Lego parts that I have never seen
before, I would like to share that experience with the group.

__Kevin Salm__
....Over 20 years experience playing with Lego toys....