Re: What Fun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Rudy writes:
Well, I just got home,
What a blast today was.  Track Strewn across the room, the smell of 12v in
the air.  A very good day in all.  Don't have time to write a summary of
events right now, but I did get my pics up:

Enjoy, everyone!

-John Rudy
www.geocities.com/TJJohn12

Thanks for the quick photo posts, John (or do we have to call you JR or
something to distinguish you from John Barnes aka JB?).  I'm going to have
to get working on my buildings, based on the inspiration I now have from yours.

You summed it up well with the pictures, and I'll just add a few comments.

I think the short video clip that Nate did reflects the mood of the
gathering - tables full of creations to talk about, ideas flying around the
room at light speed, trains everywhere until you couldn't walk anymore, and
on and on.  I picked up on some fantastic artistic impressions, utilitarian
brick usage, and lots of other intangibles I guess.  Overall, it's great to
be able to have fun like that.  My sons had a great time, and I must thank
everyone - especially Alan - for their patience.  My two little guys wanted
to touch everything in sight, but I think they played by the rules, and
everyone was very accomodating to myself and my entire family.  My SLSO-wife
even had a good time.

A highlight was seeing Kevin S. walking around!  It's nice to see him
anyway, but I'd like to acknowledge his successful rehabilitaion from his
accident.  Nice work, Kevin.  Man, I gotta copy some of your construction ideas!

The 12v stuff was very cool, as it does indeed have a sound and smell all
its own, but reminiscient of a lot of our own HO sets we had when we were
younger.

I've got some pictures to post too, but I'm outta time.  Posting later.

Ed