Re: Moment of Clarity or An Inspiration to the Rest of Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:16:39 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
Crossposted to trains and trains.org for more visibility as I feel this is
pretty exciting stuff!

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Barnes writes:
But I am very keen to incorporate/infuse Mindstorms "stuff" into layout
automatation. I loved the jam-proof motorized point mechanism - it • obviously
opens the door to automated routing.

Is this like what Dean did for our last VLC layout? We had 2 passenger
trains running on the same outer loop - one just went round and round, but
the other one (Hogwarts Express) was switched out to an alternate route
where it stopped at Hogsmeade Station, then continued and rejoined the main
loop. IIRC the Hogwarts Express was also auto-switched to a different
platform in the main passenger station than all the other passenger trains
(platform 9 3/4 of course!)  All this was RCX-controlled.

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
Hospital 2396 piece kit - only one left!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
The Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page: