Subject:
Moment of Clarity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 05:41:10 GMT

Ok I have a mouth and brain full of stuff to cover. I am going to try and be
brief and not jump around to cover everything that I want to say.
(Takes a DEEP Breathe)

#1 after some thinking about the layout I came to the conclusion that Yes we
will go with Modular idea for layout however, I wanna approach what we will
display a tad different so its not to make each of us go crazy building things
or have things that maynot fit into what we have.  I'm not saying that OK we
have two members that have firehouses only one can show his/hers... I know we
talked as Buildings currently aren't our strong point only cause some of us
haven't built any yet or we have some ideas...  With that in mind I figured I
would open up the floor to everyone on what we should see and what we can
build...

(My opinion)

When I think of our layout.....

I think if we start considering what MainStreet is (How Big?)

Say at least 3x6 road plates...  Everything ranging from Buildings to stores to
anything that meshes well together. For some silly reason I get this picture of
a Police Station and a Fire Station across from each other on Main street.
Nothing huge because its a small town :) In our town just around the outskirts
theres a part for people to play in with a pond.  I even see a Nice BIG
construction site... Unfinished buildings and such showing that Lucnyville is
rising in Population. Thats right people How does lucnyville sound????

As for the rest of te area...

My only concern for the trains is that the scale of my train repair shop might
be a tad larger in scale then the rest of the town so it would probably be a
good idea to keep them seperate...  who knows though we have to see first...

#2 The trains...  I've been beating my head with a stick because I never gave
much thought to the automated points... Since seeing the new work of Ed I can't
get those dam things out of my head.. Ed I looked at the what appears to be old
Ldraw and its killing me. Got a picture of the inside of the new one inside
shot attached to track??  anyhow, automated points are gonna be a Big deal..
(heres where John Barnes might be able to help us out)... After looking over his
stuff that is on Hitechnic it made me think what if we could do it with his
fancy stuff say remote and such... I'm figuring at least 4 points for the
initial layout which covers one of those 8 sensor remotes???  any thoughts?? I
know that I REALLY like Ed's design and want to fly with that design I think
its great and if his publishes his plan that would rock... or at least maybe
pay him a visit to break the model down... I feel stupid I wish I would have
took a better look at the inside...

#3 Lets talk Plates...... If you can add your Base Plate inventory so we can
start planning...

grey 32x32 Old style no sidewalks

1 straight
4 curves
6 cross
4 tee's

32x32 grey plates with sidewalk

2 straights

green plates  (not road plates but blanks)

3 32x32
2 32x16

Same as above but grey

3 32x16
3 32x32  (moon Style)

tan blanks

3 32x16

Lots of Various other Green/Grey airport firehouse police.... race plates..

Wayne