Re: Track Counts/Baseplate Counts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 05:36:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I'm not sure who asked what I had but here the total number of tracks.

This count is based on what I could find, there might be some more laying
around or in boxes somewhere.

148 Straight Tracks
196 Curved Tracks
6 left Points
5 right Points

I also have 16 curved and 4 straights that are not counted and are in
my trade box..
Wayne

After some delay, here is my track count as promised.  I expect that the
count will increase within the next few months as funding allows.

32  Straight Tracks
36  Curved Tracks
1  Left Point
1  Right Point
2  Cross Tracks

Also as promised is my inventory of Baseplates.  The delay on this was
because I wanted to wash the dusty/dirty ones before posting my list.
The final batch is currently soaking in a bathtub for another 24 hours
or so.  Then all my baseplates will look like new (yeah!)

I define a baseplate as 32 x 32 studs.  The New Style Roads have wider
lanes and fewer studs to build on than the Old Style Roads.  Airport
plates come in 3 variations of lane width.  What I call Wide Lane matches
the New Style Roads; the Narrow Lane matches the Old Style Roads; Extra
Wide Lane is wider than all other Road and Driveway plates.

For Layouts, I hope that we only use the New Style Roads as they look
better and the group likely has more of these than the Old Style.

KEVIN'S  BASEPLATE  INVENTORY  4.2002

NEW STYLE ROAD -- GREEN
=======================
4  Straight
4  Tee
2  Cross
2  Curve

NEW STYLE ROAD -- GRAY
======================
26  Straight
10  Tee
8  Cross
4  Curve

OLD STYLE ROAD -- GRAY
======================
3  Straight
0  Tee
2  Cross
4  Curve

OLD STYLE DRIVEWAY -- GRAY
==========================
2  Single Driveway, angled (ex set 6380)
2  Offset with median (gas station, ex set 6386)
7  Offset with starting line & pit lane (race track, ex set 6381)
5  3-driveways with caution stripes (ex set 6394)
6  3-driveways with helipad (ex set 6384)
3  3-driveways with numbered lanes (ex set 6382 and 6391)

OLD STYLE DRIVEWAY -- GREEN
===========================
2  3-driveways with numbered lanes (ex set 6571)
4  single driveway, angled (ex set 6380)
1  single driveway, angled with stones pattern (ex set 6349)

NEW STYLE DRIVEWAY -- GREEN
===========================
4  Offset with median (gas station, ex set 6386)
6  Starting line with crosswalk (rate track, ex set 6337)

AIRPORT RUNWAYS -- GREEN
========================
14  Straight --> 4 narrow lane, 6 wide lane, 4 extra wide lane
4  Tee --> 2 narrow lane, 2 wide lane, 0 extra wide lane
6  Circle --> 2 narrow lane, 2 wide lane, 2 extra wide lane

PLAIN BASEPLATES -- GRAY
========================
2  Full size
12  Half size
0  Extra Large (1.5 x 1.5) size

GREEN
=======
13  Full size
25  Half size

BLUE
=======
5  Full size
13  Half size

TAN
======
2  Full size
24  Half size

That's about it; this count is accurate as of today.  Since I am always
buying more Lego, the counts will likely increase by the time we
eventually put together a group layout.

__Kevin Salm__