Re: Layout design (Round 1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:13:22 GMT

I was doing some thinking and what if we decided to make the layout in an
L-shape?  Still 2 tables, but it would allow for a little more control for
us...Public on one side, us (exhibitors) on another.  I just gave track
designer a whirl and came up with this:

While it would be nice to do that I am apposed to that only because train
layouts aren't as flexible and town layouts.. because the tracks only have two
sizes... Straight and curve that makes it difficult to get loops tight together
and they have to be spread out even further when incorporating switches... I
hate the switches because of that... In good practice it would have been nice
to have a half of straight and half of curve sizes as well as properly design
switches..

If we were to do the (L) layout we would need 4 tables..

Also to be clear I am thinking of the party tables  (standard 36x72) or longer.

we also want to consider having a safe ledge for just in case situations like
kids looking and pointing.... Train derailments... and other things...
Actually, I look at it this way. The more viable suggestions we get we can
always change it. thats why its great that its lego, it can always be broken
down and rebuilt..

The other concern it based on the size I did and tie in all the stuff we talked
about will be an ACTION packed display and it wouldn't be spread out... thats
why I left the train layout the way it was we can add more track in length or
width wise to accommedate the expansion as long as we have enough tables.

Wayne