Re: Lucnyville---The Story of a city that could
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:11:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
<SNIP>
It's not shown in your pics, but there's one of the last existing Marconi
towers to the right of the train station that I'd love to model in LEGO too,
partly because it's so easy, and partly because it makes people ask "what's
a Marconi tower?"  Hmm - glad you asked - Marconi set up demo sites for
train companies for his new wireless radio transmissions to compete with
telegraph, and one of those sites was the Binghamton train station.  That
would be cool on a club layout.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed et All,
When I said in some thread back (don't have time as I'm babysitting and
holding up the phone line) that local color and history brings a layout to
life.  This is a perfect example.  I'd love to see this Marconi Tower in
Bricks. :)  This may be a good project for our next meeting.  Design and
build a landmark from your area.  Could get really interesting. :)
Anyways, Got To Go,
-John "I've got dibs on the Monument in Clinton Square" Rudy
www.geocities.com/tjjohn12