 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *2859 (-100)
  Re: Unbeliveable

(...) K, since I'm only bringing a train yard, there won't be too much stress on me when it comes to Train 3. Lotsa track and few buildings... Done. Focus on 'bot... Ahhh robotttt <Gaaaaaggghhhhhh.... (Homer Simpson drool ensues)> Did I mention how (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train Station Platform for Train3

(...) I can't honestly see this to be a problem but I guess we'll just see at the show. The one that would worry me a little is something like JeffVW's Go Train, which is very wide. (...) IIRC it's 15 bricks of clearance. I've always taken this to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Unbeliveable

Ocean Lab - Clear Blue Water (Above + Beyond Remix) Good for Montreal Train show video? Or Chicane - The Drive Home? Or Coast 2 Coast - Home? Too much good music! I don't know what to pick. CP announced it's 2002 ride: (URL) to (URL) (AWESOME PICS), (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message news:3BFD4F32.FA1629...ome.com... (...) You do know I shave my head, right? :) Iain (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) i DON'T want to talk about it!!!!!! :( think about it. I had a GREAT e-mail address. it was easy, it was simple. ---...--- actual discussion ---...--- "hey Chris, what's your e-mail address??" "Oh that's easy, all you have to do is remember my (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) This is easily resolved: Examine my sense of calm and composure. I've built the monster hill, now I need only gild it. And -- will you look at that -- Lego Direct has put out three more tree packs. A sense of peace suffuses my soul like a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: @HOME t0 @rogers.com

In theory if you don't use Rogers for email, news groups, or web space you shouldn't have to do anything. But you also won't get a chance to win the raffle. I plan to set up my work computer to mail bomb me for the next week. :-) Derek (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  @HOME t0 @rogers.com

(...) Same here... But I don't use their e-mail or their WebSpace! So does that mean that I can just ignore their request? Any assistance would be appreciated, --==Richard==-- (Hey, if Chris wins the $170,000 customer raffle from Rogers, will he buy (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) would (...) Train (...) way (...) I would prefer 19th also. about location, I would prefer something not downtown, I don't like getting stuck in traffic but since it is in January, I migth not be able to ge depending of road condition anyway. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) Don't you just hate that. Derek (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) I understand how this all happened. But I think that you should wait until AFTER robot10 to have a train thing. You did this to me last time. I feel it puts undo stress on our readership. I mean look, Iain, is already tearing his hair out, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) Well, the main issue is whether city bound people without cars can get out to a location like Eatonville Public Library in Etobicoke. They have scads of parking, and we could even park at the Loblaws across the street.* The majority of people (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?

(...) I prefer the 19th, I have a lot of building I want to do, and there is little chance of me getting it done by the 5th. Obviously for this reason March would be even better, but that's so far away. So 19th is good for me. Is this being held at (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Jan 5/19th for train3?

Man, has it been slow on rtl this week. Anyways, I just got off the phone with the Library and have January 5th or 19th. I'm for either, but I think 19 is better because people are further away from holidays, so I had it pencilled in. So, are people (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] December 14th Dinner

Hi folks, rtlToronto December Monthly Dinner Friday December 14th, 2001, 6 pm Mel's Montreal Deli, 440 Bloor Street West (URL) a note about rtlToronto dinner being on the 14th next month. Will probably send out a note on announce later, but here's (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday's dinner

(...) Yes, that's true, and I think a couple others (including myself) have said that....look forward in meeting you next time. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday's dinner

Everything conspired against me last week to force me to miss the meeting! Oh well, there's always next time... (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday's dinner

(...) One of the best ever I must say. I think the largest turnout EVER. Apart from the fact Rebecca the Nice Waitress (who is probably the only person at Mel's who realizes we advertise going here once a month) wasn't there, I was so happy to see (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train Station Platform for Train3

I created a picture of the train platform I'd like to build for Train3. It does impinge on the generally excepted clearances, but I think its low enough that it shouldn't cause a problem with anyone's trains. Its designed to line up perfectly with (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtl10 Project X diagrams, poster available

(...) Thanks! The block actually IS a standard competition block, except it's aligned on the side of the handtruck. It's hanging out a dot on the side you don't see :) JeffVW drew up the block in LDraw for me, so I'll upload it tonight. Calum (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Friday's dinner

As Mattias and Chris have already touched on it, Friday's dinner was one of the best dinners (I think, since I've been going). The estimate number of people attending was 15, and we were missing at least 2 regulars.... Most of the meeting was (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  church 99% completed

I received the box lego I ordered from Lego Direct....finally - which upset me that it took too long - I mailed the money order last Friday, and I finally got it 8 days after.... not good when you think that now adays you have to pay for your own (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtl10 Project X diagrams, poster available

Nice poster, Calum. Anyone think it's sinister that the block featured prominently in the foreground is, in fact, NOT a standard competition block? <scary music> Hmmm. (...) You can get around this on most calculators by hitting 'Mode' and pressing (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: KUKA got there first... :(

If you want to ride on somethng like that, you should go to space camp canada in montreal. They have a shuttle mock-up (only the front quarter, but real size) with a "canadarm" in the back, with a seat on the end. Of course, it doesnt go very fast (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  KUKA got there first... :(

(URL) images) KUKA just premiered this at IAAPA, a huge amusement industry convention held every year in the US. It's their KR 500 robot (from what I can tell), which was the first articulated to throw around 500 kg mass, plus seats provided by (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: You did it again....

(...) Actually, it's intentional. It's not a mistake-it's because the date for rtl10 is still unknown due to policies at the Library. Chris can't confirm a date for rtl10 until late November as the Toronto Public Library won't take a reservation (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  You did it again....

Just a note (again) to Calum: Remember this message: ---...--- On the RTLToronto Webpage the announcement reads: rtlToronto November Monthly Dinner: Friday, November, 2001, 6pm. Mel's Montreal Deli Any particular Friday in November? (yes, I know the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 1.0 firmware and remote -- for Jeff W

(...) Maybe they use LegOS 8?) But seriously, they could have their own firmware version which ignores the remote. Would still upload just as quickly. ROSCO (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  good job Calum

Calum, As usual you have done an amazing job on the rules section for the robotics web page. Thank you. (URL) also managed to create what I believe to be is a very nice official game board. I also like the PDF poster. and because it is not in (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtl10 Project X diagrams, poster available

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: Blowing? Sucking? Long nozzles? Man, am I upset I promised not to make fun of Calum anymore :{ Mario (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtl10 Project X diagrams, poster available

Hi folks, I did a few changes to the rules page for rtl10: (URL) include photos of the final pattern, game board, block design etc. If someone could LDraw up the game pieces that'd be really cool. I'm waiting on a decision about what determines a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl11: Let Your Backbone Slide?

Smore ideas for rtl11: How about a game about building the fastest vehicle in a race that can't use wheels for driving, ie, walkers, snakes etc? Calum (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Louchy" <ivn@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:Gn0EHr.Lt8@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) one. Sort of like shouting at the top of your lungs at mom so you can't hear what she's complaining about? :) Iain (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 1.0 firmware and remote -- for Jeff W

(...) Well one way you can disable emote control, and block all other communications for that matter, is by making the RCX constantly send out messages. A simple line of code like this – while(true){sendmessage(0);} is ought to do the trick. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 1.0 firmware and remote -- for Jeff W

Thanks Chris... So I then wonder how they (LEGO) disabled the remote on the wall climber. Some one suggested a different firmware but I do not believe that that is possible since the code only took seconds to upload for each program.... Jeff VW (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  1.0 firmware and remote -- for Jeff W

Jeff, in answer to your question. I just took the time to D/L the 1.0 lego firmware into the RCX and the lego remote worked well with that RCX. so the short answer is yes. -- Chris Visit my newly revamped walker page @ (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

re: cell wall construction OK, here is what was decided upon and from now on we will never again argue about whether the cell walls are bricks or plates!! We took a vote and more people put up their hands for plates then bricks. The other issue is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) I'm gonna put 45 degree sloped roof caps around the perimeter of my cells so that the block'll slide into each cell :) that'll learn ya big time!!!! Dave (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

This is why I'd prefer bricks for the cell walls instead of plates. If a block is hung up on a brick wall it is obviously out of shape, but if its hanging on the edge of a plate wall it becomes more of a judgement call. I feel the block should be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) IMHO, if the block is in the square and not touching the walls of the cell, it's good 'nuff but i'm not the cartesian 'bot expert! Dave (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) <mock Chris: ON> --- I Don't know how it got turned off..... That's an easy question: If your name is Chris Magno you will be deducted 10 points. If your robot in any way resembles Chris Magno (be it in a effigy or just down right SLOW) you (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message news:3BF474AF.61D324...ome.com... (...) I'd say that's really pushing it. :) In real-world automation (not trying to sound elitist or anything, just stating fact), accurate placement is usually a very (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) No. I don't think that's okay-A block is in place if it sits indexed into the baseplate in the fashion the way they start. Calum (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Dinner, this Friday, November 16th, 2001

(...) <Calum mock mode> Hey Calum, make sure you forget to double check for moth holes, missing words, or other glaring defects. So that way, we can get shirts for 2 bucks cheaper again. </Calum mock mode> Mario (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  how perfect....

For the upcoming R10 robot game; I have a question about scoring. For those new to the game, details can be found here: (URL) My robot picks up a block, the process of moving it to its target square rattles stuff. When the robot finally puts the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  OT WTB train regulator power adaptor

OK, so this is off topic. AND I'm sure if I was a good little lugnetter I'd post this in several more appropriate groups. BUT I'm not. :) does anyone in the Greater Toronto Area have (for sale) just the wall wart lego train power thingy?? And if so, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) <Mocking on> Mmmooooiiiiii????? <voice of translator> Mmmeeeeeeee????? No way I would never took a picture of you in a so compromising state without trying to bribe you. <Mocking off> Yeap, and what a surprise it was to see you on the video (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Dinner, this Friday, November 16th, 2001

(...) Hey, glad to hear you're coming! (...) I'll have two left from the original batch and am in process of getting more done. If not at Friday, then the next dinner certainly, I'll have them for sale. (...) Absolutely! Calum (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GMswq2.G2E@lugnet.com... (...) Uh... :) (...) train, (...) I also thought that was a particularily cute shot. (...) and (...) for (...) long (...) Pierre's Genesis engine is extremly (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Congratulations to MonLUG for a very successful show

(...) <sniffs....> smells like train 3.0 (or 3.5???) :) Martin, vous etes raison. TOMLUG Train2, perhaps...?? I guess that is for all to discuss.... side note to Iain and Calum, looks like we (rtl) need a bigger contingent next time.... (I was busy (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: rtlToronto Dinner, this Friday, November 16th, 2001

(...) Well I know where I’ll be this Friday Sure will be nice to meet you guys before rtl10 in a non-competitive environment =)) Just read on the website about the rtlToronto T-shirt – looks awesome! How can I go about buying one in large or x-large (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Congratulations to MonLUG for a very successful show

(...) Thanks for your good comment on our show, they are appreciated. As a first train show for our group, We did a small one and we now have a bigger one to do for april, the organizer told us that we were the major attraction and we'll get to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: rtlToronto Dinner, this Friday, November 16th, 2001

(...) Oh Yeah, I definitely plan on being there....I might have to leave earlier than usual because I have drill the next day. Benjamin Medinets, who intends on bringing "silver bullet" and "the church" (that is if it is finished in time). (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) I'll have to agree with that statement (and whole heartedly, I might add!!) great job putting it together.... I have several comments about it.... 1) Even though Chris doesn't "like" his image at the start of the video holding the "caboose" (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  rtlToronto Dinner, this Friday, November 16th, 2001

Hi folks, Just a reminder, we're doing the rtlToronto dinner for November, this Friday, November 16th, 2001, 6pm at Mel's Montreal Deli. It'll be more fun than watching the West Wing in reverse or getting beat down on the Montreal subway. Bring your (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GMr933.HAu@lugnet.com... (...) I echo Calum's coments completly. The weekend was great! The layout was so deatiled. No space was empty! Friday night was a bust, though. Calum and I checked (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Congratulations to MonLUG for a very successful show

Hi folks, I just wanted to post and thank MonLUG for welcoming us to their train show last weekend. It was a great success and their layout was nothing short of spectacular. Iain and I drove up up Friday afternoon and enjoyed being beat down by the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: some interesting Technic projects

(...) <snip> (...) You think that's funny - I did the math, and that's 18.75 seconds a plate. I think a Lego robot that could pick, handle and place a single 1x1 plate from a selection of 5 colours in 18.75 seconds would be a dream come true. 24 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  More pics from our latest train show

Hi all! In addition to Jude's pics, I've added 145 more pics from our 1st MonLUG train show held last weekend. (URL) and let us know what you think! Pierre MonLUG #1 (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

(...) Wow!!! You guys sure set the standard for running a great train show!! Those pics look fabulous. I also like the club meeting pictures. So I guess if (or when) rtlToronto does another train event, it should be called TOMLUG Train3 because all (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

(...) OK, left to right they are... Tim, Luc, Pierre, Iain, Martin, Me, Kevin, and Calum HTH, Jude (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

(...) Would you be able to provide us with a face-to-name reference for all the individuals who attended the event? (URL) recognize Calum, Iain, Martin, and Tim… but I'm unfamiliar with the others! Thanx, --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

I finally got them up... (URL) I put up some pics from the last MonLUG meeting... (URL) MonLUG (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) Thanks. Yes, adding a wheel that runs on top of the rail to support the weight is what I'd like to do. The problem is keeping things compact enough that it can still negotiate the corners. Infact it might be possible to drop one pair of drive (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) Nice! With regard to the drive wheels, can you somehow include a vertical wheel (free-wheeling) resting on top of the rails, to take most of the weight? ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) Put in your orders now for blocks--I'll bring 'em to dinner on Friday. As well, I *hope* to have a preliminary 'bot set up by then. I'll also have the train video up on my site by tonite (URL) safe. Dave (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) When I was home a few weeks ago, my mom gave me a bunch of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons she had left over from an event she was running. I'd be happy to offer these as prizes. They just say 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and have "Canada" printed on (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) Hi Ivan, As everyone else said, welcome! About your colour concerns, I completely agree. I am going to use white 2x4 bricks for the walls on a grey baseplate, and black for the blocks. This is all i have access to. I don't even have enough (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) I am working on a simplified prototype. My dads idea was to tackle the problem with a single line of bins first, and then extend that to the square grid pattern. Seems like a a good way to start. So, I built a robot that can sort a line of 10 (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

Hi Derek, I indeed saw the pictures from rtlToronto Train2 and it inspired me to buy a whole bunch of blue and gray rails and try something similar. So it's nice to have some real detailed pictures of it! ;-) I'm gonna try to power the "track", so (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

I know many people have already seen this Monorail from the rtlToronto Train2 pictures, but I've finally got around to taking some more detailed pictures of it. Its a monorail that uses blue 4.5v train track instead Lego's monorail track. Hence the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) That's an excellent idea. I'll probably be using leJOS for this so I'll have to remember to print out the Java source and bring it to the contest. I hope others do as well. I'd love to see the software side of peoples solution along with the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Derek (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Oh! Oh! Pick me!!! Over here!!! Pick me!!! I'll have it up on my site by tonite. Dave (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  The TOMLUG Alliance

rtlToronto, ParLUGment and MonLUG are proud to announce the TOMLUG Alliance, the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal LEGO User Groups Alliance. We have agreed to not only accept the free flow of members between our groups but encourage members all our groups to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

WOW!!! Iain, I just saw the entire train 2 video. good JOB!! :) I have only one little tiny question. who took the photo of me holding the train??? AND why must people feel compelled to take my photo in "compromising" train shots? :) :) :) Chris (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) oops. that was just a typo on my part. sorry. I should know better, Mario is the name of my brother. (...) I'll give you a hint. it can be done with 64 nested "if.. then" statements. (smirk) (...) (shakes head) man, I'm sorry to hear this. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) Hey, right after the daily strudel break... Lunch? :) Calum (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Just got back from Montreal w/Iain. First off, thanks to MonLUG for a great show. More on this in another post. But here's the rtlToronto/train2 as shot and edited by the illustrious Iain Hendry: (URL) is 79MByte and is in MPEG format. I think (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) It's because in a game, there could be real mean folks who think of nasty ways to subvert the game, ie, 89 pound battery boxes etc. Gentlemen wouldn't do that. That little phrase has now come to mean, "Bah, we're not really that strict on (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong?

(...) Well, I looked into a piece of curved plexi at a ~50 cm radius and it's apparently very hard to do, beyond basic plexi bending. So I suspect I'll build it without, sort of like Derek's Imperial Shuttle. Calum (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) Ok, ok. I promise to post more often... just spell my name correctly in the future :) I've been writing code 1 hour each day on the subway ride to/from that wonderful place I have the priviledge of working for until next April. It's just (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto Train2 Video

Woo hoo! Iain, the video is GREAT! I love the tons of on-track footage. And I like the swooping & panning(?) shots (I'm not up on the terms). Nice soundtrack too. Very applicable. :-) Thanks a million for making that available to us. It will be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  i have a proto-robot......

OK, as inspiration I feel I must tell you (brag) that as of last night I have a "working" robot for r10 that solves MOST of the conditions set out in the rules and my personal challenge!!! that means I have just under 3 month to refine and fine (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) <Dark Humour ON> <Calum Mocking ON> Rules for the upcoming event will be enforced very strictly. The group has adopted a new policy fo 'beating down rougue contestants'. This was never too much of a concern in the past, but has become (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) HI Ivan !!! Welcome to RTLToronto. As Ben said (Hi Ben) this is a "gentleman's" game. for the life of me I don't know why we call it that........ never mind. (smirk) OK, The reason We came up with the idea of a grey base and black border and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TRU 4561 Railway Express - $119.00

(...) Bite your tongue! Have you looked at the Shop @ Home catalog lately? - 2 train car bottom sets (Not even the depressed center version, but the shorter boxcar version) - $30 - Electric train motor - $25 - Speed regulator - $42 - Lighting brick (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong?

I would suggest making a hinged roof and propping it up to show viewers. Just laying a sheet of mylar or glass across the top doesn't add much visually and has exactly the same effect as either no roof at all or a propped one. I would definately (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) Welcome to RTL... As far as the competition, I think the key word is a gentleman's game. Basically this is for the spirit of the game. There were a few bends in the rules (even at its conception), about a certain member wanting to use non-lego (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto10 competition rules

Hey everyone! I found out about rtlToronto about a month ago. And even wanted to show up for rtl9, but unfortunately couldn't make it. But this time there is no way I’m missing rtl10, I even stated designing my “pattern assembler”. Well at any rate, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TRU 4561 Railway Express - $119.00

(...) Are there any other LEGO sales? Jude (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  interesting posting I found on Lugnet

...I am quite sure Lar ++ will be reading this... (I don't doubt that rtl Toronto is one of his favorite groups to read, next to Lugnet.Trains (ofcourse). bearing in mind that, I saw this interesting news article by a prolific lugnet poster.... (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: latest project update

(...) I put in another "large" order to lego shop @ home. I bought approx. $50 US worth of bulk sets so I can really do the church "justice". Hopefully, it will come in on time, so I can finish it for Friday. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TRU 4561 Railway Express - $119.00

(...) thanks for this...I am sure the "kids" of rtl will find that most usefull. I doubt their parents will.... :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  TRU 4561 Railway Express - $119.00

G'Day In the "Big Toy Book" from TRU they show the 4561 Train for $ 119.00, (until Nov 23 I think) not great but better than it was. Cheers Oliver Play Well ! (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Lego Users Group?

(...) <Mocking Calum on> Simpson’s (Mrs. Lovejoy) -The Children, what about the children.- <Mocking Calum off> Not that I'm drawin’ any parallels to the reverends wife… But, I'm sure that no kids are gonna really be offended in any way by that. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Lego Users Group?

(...) Uh, seeing as we often have children at rtl events and probably read on Lugnet, let's keep the talk of beating them down to a minimum :) Calum (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Lego Users Group?

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GMFrML.13M@lugnet.com... (...) And beating down rogue children? You bet. :) Iain (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Stuff

(...) Your probably right about that...though my sister very much enjoys listening to the song while she watches the Train1 video. She hasn't bugged me to see it in a while, but she still very much enjoys the video AND the song... :) (...) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Toronto Lego Users Group?

(...) Cool...I look forward in meeting you, too. Good luck with the entry. I, myself, will probably not make an entry... (rationalizes...'too busy with scorekeeping duties'...) :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact