 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2832
Re: 1.0 firmware and remote -- for Jeff W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 02:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
Thanks Chris...

So I then wonder how they (LEGO) disabled the remote on the wall climber.
Some one suggested a different firmware but I do not believe that that is
possible since the code only took seconds to upload for each program....

Maybe they use LegOS 8?) But seriously, they could have their own firmware
version which ignores the remote. Would still upload just as quickly.

ROSCO

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message
Jeff, in answer to your question.

I just took the time to D/L the 1.0 lego firmware into the RCX and the
lego remote worked well with that RCX.

so the short answer is yes.