 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2833
2832  |  2834
Subject:
You did it again....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:07:31 GMT

Just a note (again) to Calum:

Remember this message:

On the RTLToronto Webpage the announcement reads:

rtlToronto November
Monthly Dinner: Friday,
November, 2001, 6pm.
Mel's Montreal Deli

Any particular Friday in November? (yes, I know the date but it's
missing from the web page)

Well, you're starting to act like me (but I've been sniffing ABS for
the last 32 years, so I have an excuse....:-)   )

This time the exact same error appears on the competition rules page
under (gee, guess what...) "Time and Date"

On a separtate note:

[Beg=.true.]
[do Plead while Beg=.true.]

Last night I left the computer running to download the Train 2
video. It started out saying it would take 2.4 Hours, but by the time
I went to bed it had slowed to 4 Hours + remaining. So I get up at
4:30 to shut the computer down and check out the video (can't wait
till morning) and doesn't Media Player 7 choke on it (too bleary eyed
to remember what it said, other than it was one of those very
non-specific, completely unhelpful error messages). So I decide I'm
too tired to deal with it now and put it off until later. At this
point I shut down windows and as I wait for the "It's now safe to..."
screen I realize that Netscape saves downloads to the TEMP directory
(unless told to do otherwise, which I didn't) and promptly wipes the
TEMP directory clean when Netscape ends. I could have screamed.
Anyway, could I, in exchange for a replacement CD/money/eternal
gratitude/letting your robot win (snort)/whatever get a copy of the
Train1 and Train2 videos on CD at the next dinner? It's just  too well
done not to show my wife and kids. My wife will be interested to see
what I was attending. My son will love to see the trains (especially
"his" train) and my daughter will just drool over the whole thing (of
course she *is* only 9 months old so she kind of drools alot anyway,
but we'll pretend it's because of Iain's video work)

[end Plead]
[Beg=.f.]

Matthias Jetleb