 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2771
Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:05:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch writes:
Hey everyone!
I found out about rtlToronto about a month ago. And even wanted to show up
for rtl9, but unfortunately couldn't make it. But this time there is no way
I’m missing rtl10, I even stated designing my “pattern assembler”.

Well at any rate, I got some questions about the upcoming competition rules.
How strictly do you guys enforce color rules such as "game board must be
grey, pieces must be white"? Will it be a big deal if my board is green and
pieces are yellow?

Ivan

Welcome to RTL...

As far as the competition, I think the key word is a gentleman's game.
Basically this is for the spirit of the game.  There were a few bends in the
rules (even at its conception), about  a certain member wanting to use
non-lego parts (fishing wire) in their entry.

I am sure that your change in piece colour won't be disallowed because it
isn't really interfering with the "spirit of the game".  This is my opinion.
I am not the man "in charge", nor does MY opinion carry much weight since I
haven't built a robot for entry.....Mindstorms still isn't a priority for
me (yet)....I do keep score, (and maintain "security" at the functions).

I am sure that by Monday or Tuesday, more people will give a better answer.
Chris (Magno) is usually busy (lately), and Calum (Tseng) along with Iain Henry
are at the moment in Montreal representing our club at a train show.

I also welcome you to come out to the Friday get-together at Mel's
on Bloor between Bathurst and Spadina.

So rules about rtl 10 are here:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-020002-rules.html

And info about the next get-together (in 6 days) is here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/

and directions are here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-map-index.html

Thanks,