 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2780
Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 01:46:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
How strictly do you guys enforce color rules such as "game board must be
grey, pieces must be white"? Will it be a big deal if my board is green and
pieces are yellow?

As Ben said (Hi Ben) this is a "gentleman's" game.  for the life of me I
don't know why we call it that........ never mind.

It's because in a game, there could be real mean folks who think of nasty
ways to subvert the game, ie, 89 pound battery boxes etc.  Gentlemen
wouldn't do that.  That little phrase has now come to mean, "Bah, we're not
really that strict on anything in all honesty."

As an example, I personally do not own enuff 3 long bricks to make all
white blocks. SO i used multi coloured bricks to make my blocks.   the
point here is that for my robot it does not matter.  and if i could get
my hands on official blocks then my robot would work just as well.

I think that's it.  If you can build a board that can be swapped out with a
"regulation" board without any problem, then by all means use it.
Otherwise, stick with a onspec board to keep the playing field level.

But all that said, if it's gonna mean you won't come, we'd rather see you
there with a magenta and puce board versus no robot at all.

I understand that plain grey bases are no longer sold. (except as the
large 48 x 48) and that the multi coloured ones are cheap.

32x32 grey is hard to find in Toronto retail.  48x48 grey is easily found at
Zellers or TRU and is very cheap ($12) so it's easy to get a 48x48.  Good
idea to have anyways, useful for all sorts of projects as well as for
cleaning up Lego as a large shovel :)

Calum