 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2791
Re: i have a proto-robot......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:41:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mario DeFacendis writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
So, how is your robot coming along..... Bruce, Dave, Mairo???

I am working on a simplified prototype. My dads idea was to tackle the problem
with a single line of bins first, and then extend that to the square grid
pattern. Seems like a a good way to start. So, I built a robot that can sort a
line of 10 bins. The mechanics are done, but the code is in the works. I can
show some pictures on Friday.

It's a
real mess given NCQ's limitations, but it's definately doable.  LegOS
anyone???

Yup. I am using LegOS (with lots of help from my dad:) Its kind of a headache
to set up, and has some weird syntax requirements from older versions of C.
But, you have unlimited variables, arrays, and other such fun things. I still
think it could be done quite nicely in NQC though.
Rob