 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2776
2775  |  2777
Subject:
i have a proto-robot......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:10:35 GMT

OK, as inspiration I feel I must tell you (brag) that as of last night I
have a "working" robot for r10 that solves MOST of the conditions set
out in the rules and my personal challenge!!!

that means I have just under 3 month to refine and fine tune.....

(mocking off)

just to tease...

the robot currently has 8 motors, is set up a x, y, z gantry robot with
a EOA gripper.   it needs 2 rcx's.  1 for the x, y, z and a separate one
for the gripper.

the logic all fits into ONE TASK!!! and i have no need for arrays.   OK,
sure it currently is over 4K in size and growing........

It solves on the fly, and I've timed it using the "anti-X" pattern.

(the anti-X pattern is the ONLY pattern that has ALL the blocks in ALL
the wrong places.)

It takes about 1 minute to solve.  this can be reduced by getting better
accuracy with its ability to locate itself on the board, and running
BOTH the X and the Y sections at the same time.   right now, it locates
itself on the x plane first, then on the y plane.  I tried both together
but it would always go to the wrong place.   I'm going to look into
changing how it tracks where it is with other sensors to see if i get
any improvement. Then I'd like to improve the code so that the robot
dose a pick and place from point A to B in one move.  right now, it
"homes" does a pick, homes again and drive to "place" VERY inefficient.
but it proves that it can be done. and even as it is, it still is about
a minute. which is WAY better then my monkey robot from games gone
past.  I had a personally challenge for ME and that was to build a robot
that people could see running without the aid of time laps photography.
(grin)

I still have to build the section of robot that "scans"  the board to
input the location of the blocks.  but that should be straight forward.

I also have to tighten up parts of the robot that are some what flimsy.
But as I've said i've got 3 months.

So, how is your robot coming along..... Bruce, Dave, Mairo???

;)

Chris
Pretend this says something funny