 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2823
Re: how perfect....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 05:27:51 GMT

re: cell wall construction

OK, here is what was  decided upon and from now on we will never again
argue about whether the cell walls are bricks or plates!!

We took a vote and more people put up their hands for plates then
bricks.

The other issue is block placement.

I never got a good feeling or general consensus. So I'm going to just
say, that for a block to count, it MUST be stud down.  within the cell,
and that the studs of the block can not touch the top of the cell wall.
this I feel is a good medium.

If the studs of the "block" are on any part of the top of a cell wall,
then the block is definitely on an angle and will not count as in the
cell. BUT if the studs of a "block" are touching the base plate, this
rule will allow for that HALF - STUD overlap between cell wall and
block.  Because we are not it the "real world" I don't think it is
unreasonable to allow for this "slop"

Sure if you are good and can register the blocks the same way they left
the cell then all the more power to you.

I'd like to leave this open for discussion a bit more. maybe wait until
there are a few more proto robots out there before we carve this in
stone.....

Chris