 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2859
Re: Unbeliveable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:29:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
19th is bad for me coz that's the weekend of NCC but whatever, I mean I
haven't missed a train show yet so I don't mind taking one off. :)

   Iain

K, since I'm only bringing a train yard, there won't be too much stress on
me when it comes to Train 3.  Lotsa track and few buildings... Done.  Focus
on 'bot...
Ahhh robotttt <Gaaaaaggghhhhhh.... (Homer Simpson drool ensues)>
Did I mention how much I love my RCX?
Oh, for those that don't know... I have had one RCX (1.0) powered on for
well over 10 months now.  It runs the omotors for my webcam.  Yes I know my
webcam is temporarily unavailable (that happened when I installed another
NIC in the PC and turned on Internet Connection Sharing--now the camera
software is confused which card to bind to.. It's really dumb but I
haven'tgot around to fixing it yet), but the RCX is still on.
One RCX on, all the time.

Back to the train yard--Dave the Redneck has a pickup truck and is quite
comfortable hauling his modules and stuff anywhere you hold rtlt4

BTW, Iain proving once again that he is the most intelligent person I know
talks sooo far above my head...
But he said NCC :)
Oh yeah, I went there...

For you non-appreciaters of a fine series of shows created by the Great Bird
of the Galaxy won't get what the significance is to the letters NCC

My favourite scene still, out of all the episodes and all the series, is
Scotty saying...

"N-C-C-one-seven-oh-one... No bloody A, B,C, orrr D!"

It was terrific.

Ranking close is Kirk saying (after making out with yon beautiful babe)
"Still think we're finished?" and Bones saying "More than ever!"

Man, I might not be the trekkie I was back when I was in high school and
college but boy that show makes me happy.

Anywho, enuf tangents from me today... I have to build a 'bot the size of my
fridge just to keep Iain happy.

Dazed, confused and tangentialized Dave

p.s. changed my home e-mail to dkoudys@cogeco.ca
it was relatively painless.  Yes I miss the @home but, ahh, whaddya gonna do?

p.p.s.  I've had the same e-mail addy since '92 (dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca) so
the cogeco one is really irrelevant, but it's nice to have(the bulk e-mail
spamming company dough-heads also know I've had the same e-mail addy since
'92 and just love getting me on stupid distribution lists.  there's nothing
like checking your e-mail from your *Christian* University account and
seeing lotsa bulk e-mails touting the benefits of Penis enlarging devices or
Hot-Sex-Girls.com... Grrrr!!!!  I just hope my sysadmin at school
understands that I, in no way, went out in the 'net soliciting this e-mail)

p.p.p.s.  company e-mail policies are really dumb - i'm
david_koudys@lpsg.com  at work.  it's the one I dislike the most.

p.p.p.p.s.  if you don't like the cogeco e-mail, get a hotmail account-
cmagno@hotmail.com is pretty easy to remember--pencil not needed.  and you
can access your e-mail from *any* web accessing device anywhere in the world*

* not sponsored or solicited by the marketing firm of Hotmail Inc.  I do not
hold any shares or other securities in the aforementioned company.  This was
just a friendly endorsement of their services (not that I'd ever use them
for, as you can read, I already have *3* e-mail addy's, don't really think I
need another)

p.p.p.p.p.s.  if you made it down this far, thanks :)