 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2860
Re: Train Station Platform for Train3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 20:55:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
I created a picture of the train platform I'd like to build for Train3.
It does impinge on the generally excepted clearances, but I think its
low enough that it shouldn't cause a problem with anyone's trains.  Its
designed to line up perfectly with the doors on my "Go Train" cars.

Let me know if anyone has a problem with this, if so I'll modify it.
I'd like to keep it if possible because it does line up so well with my
cars.

I can't honestly see this to be a problem but I guess we'll just see at the
show. The one that would worry me a little is something like JeffVW's Go
Train, which is very wide.

I also need to know what our height clearance is going to be.  I want to
build a roof over the platform.

IIRC it's 15 bricks of clearance.  I've always taken this to be, stack 15
bricks on top of the baseplate.  One can then start building above these 15
bricks.  I somehow miscounted the last time and built half a building (if
you put minifigures and construction equipment near half a building, people
assume the minifigures are still building it for you, even if you gave up at
3AM the night before the show :) and Iain's car nearly bit it on a 13 or 14
tall structure.

I think Iain said the camera car is a around 14 and he wants a brick of
clearance, which I would too.  Actually, if it were my camera, I'd want
like...a foot of clearance. :)

Calum

I wouldn't...it makes really bad train videos with that much clearance...
at least one overhead platform is mandatory for all rtl Videos....