 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2848
Re: Jan 5/19th for train3?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:15:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
Calum Tsang wrote:
away from holidays, so I had it pencilled in.  So, are people okay with the
19th of January for rtlToronto/train3?
Is this being held at the regular library, or one with better parking access?
I like our regular library, but the volume of stuff I need to bring for a Train
event is much higher then for a robotics event.  It would be nice if we could
find a place with easier parking.  Its not a serious concern though, either way
I can figure out how to get my stuff there.

Well, the main issue is whether city bound people without cars can get out
to a location like Eatonville Public Library in Etobicoke.  They have scads
of parking, and we could even park at the Loblaws across the street.* The
majority of people are probably mobile with cars, but there are some who
might not.  I would think JeffE maybe.

The other issue is that being in a new location means not as many people
randomly might not show up.  While we've never really been in the business
of entertaining people, Lillian H Smith IS a children's library with the
inclusion of the Boys and Girls House collection and as a result, we get a
lot of enthusiastic audience members, which we might not get in a suburban
library.  FYI, did you know Lillian H Smith was the first children's
librarian for the City of Toronto in 1912?

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/archives/rules/libraries.htm

But if there's a huge desire to not go back to Lillian then we could
probably go elsewhere.  I can look into this too.  Thoughts?  Anyone
ardently want Lillian or not Lillian?

Calum
* Disclaimer.  As a former employee of Weston Group/Loblaw Companies, I
cannot condone parking in a Loblaws parking lot if you're not a patron.
That said, no one checks.