 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2803
2802  |  2804
Subject:
Congratulations to MonLUG for a very successful show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:04:15 GMT

Hi folks,

I just wanted to post and thank MonLUG for welcoming us to their train show
last weekend.  It was a great success and their layout was nothing short of
spectacular.

Iain and I drove up up Friday afternoon and enjoyed being beat down by the
STCUM personnel while taking photos.  The show on Saturday was filled with
different HO, G and O scale layouts from various local train clubs and scale
boat, tank and aircraft modellers, but just listening to people, everyone
was talking about the MonLUG Lego layout.  We were joined by the ParLUGment
of Tim Strutt and Jude Beaudin who came out from Ottawa.

The MonLUG layout, if you look at all the pictures coming out now, was very
well planned and integrated.  It was very obvious they've spent a lot of
effort building a rich and varied display that I think we all should learn
from.  It was chock full of not only beautiful designs, innovative building
but also cute little "bits" like a stained glass mosaic inside the train
tunnel, a police speed trap, a hobo napping in a boxcar, etc.  Even on
Sunday I was still noticing new things on the layout that I didn't catch the
day before.

Congratulations to Martin, Kevin, Luc and Pierre for an excellent event.

Calum
PS-did anyone else smell nothing but hot dogs at the show? :)