 Marketplace / Theory / 1302
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:20:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Dan Jezek writes:

If it would cost $100 worth of parts to make 1
guarded inn then forget it, might as well pick up a used one on eBay.  It
would definitely be worth it to buy a guarged inn for let's say $40 than to
get a used one for 3 times as much.

I've been thinking more along the lines of what Larry confirmed by saying
(paraphrased)"This is going to make the Guild's job a lot easier" - I think
we'll be seeing a **lot** more fan-created kits in the future. The guarded inn
is a cute set, but something like the Guild could create a whole new castle-
theme - each set rivaling the guarded inn and friends with creativity, piece
variation and playability. Original LEGO sets will always win in terms of
purist-collectors, but as each Guild set comes with a signed certificate from
the creator.. LEGO don't have the monopoly on that either!

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the much sought-after sets in the
near future - will LD subsume the need to get certain official sets for the
pieces? Will the Guild of Bricksmiths subsume the need for certain official
sets, as something to collect and display (and play with etc)?

If the answer is (at least partially) yes to both of these then I think we are
entering a new age of LEGO creativity (dramatic drum-roll!).

Richard