 People / 626
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:25:08 GMT

In lugnet.people, Joshua Cirinna writes:

If something is *really* impressive it will blow people away no matter what -
I went to your site before and thought it was pretty cool.. but it didn't
blow me away because it wasn't finished, IIRC I commented to that extent and
made some suggestions?

Yeah! Im really excited about rehauling my site to have an index and a
walkabout mode, with all the close-ups you will really be able to see the care
I’ve put into it.  I spend every saturday, all day , working on lego, so if I
post pictures of everything it should be cool.

Cool - I'll look forward to seeing it! I think you're on the right track with
the 'click' to view around idea. You're using dreamweaver right? If you use the
'splice' tool on that it should auto-generate the javascript needed to create
roll-overs for you - then you can use any paint-package to highlight (even a
simple brighten works) the areas which do stuff.

Something like this <http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/haylp/>

Although that is a test image which takes about 20 seconds to load using
Netscape on some machines.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Richard!  I was feeling sick to my
stomach thinking I was going to be blacklisted from the lugnet loop.

No problem :) It's the same with any community really, unless you speak up and
make yourself known then people will ignore you - it's nothing personal, it's
just because they haven't had chance to get to know you?

Do you have a website?

Sort of, but it's embarassingly bad at the moment - I'm studying so I don't
have time to do anything to it till about June! The other day I accidentally
uploaded some pictures of my sister and niece into the top directory, so I
don't even have links to the things that were there :)

Richard