 People / 627
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:06:09 GMT

Thanks for the words of encouragement Richard!  I was feeling sick to my
stomach thinking I was going to be blacklisted from the lugnet loop.
Do you have a website?

I've been to your site. One reason I never spoke up was that there wasn't too
much detail that I could see from the pictures, but it sounds like you have
plans to change that. The site itself is good in an asthetic sense. Better than
mine by a long shot. The models are great, from what I could see. When I can
see more, I'll say more.

From what I've seen and experienced, I think it would take more than a couple
of posts to get blacklisted from LUGNET. Everyone is pretty tolerant.

I've been with LUGNET since it opened up to the public (which by the way was
October 1998 IIRC) and I don't feel like one of the major contributors. Some of
my stuff has gotten "ooohs" and "aaahs" and other stuff has gone flat. It's a
hit or miss thing and you'll never really know which way your model will go
until it happens. Lately I've been really inactive on the LUGNET scene due to
an elephant sized builders block.

It's frustrating at times, but in my opinion the best thing to do is just take
part in conversations that interest you. It all comes around eventually.

-Duane

BTW, I have a site of my own. <http://www.geocities.com/dnjhess/lego.html>
It's mediocre, but I haven't had the desire to update it since I haven't had
anything new to add.