 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 11
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:49:19 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.lego, Brad Justus writes:

· When we say bulk orders, we mean large quantities of a single element
(e.g. 1,000 red 2x6 bricks), not a single order of a thousand different
elements.

Do you have rough pricing? Eg for a 2x4 red brick?

Will pricing involve a sliding scale? Eg, if there are any economies of scale
for shipping out 1000 same-type elements to one person, rather than shipping
100 same-type elements to 10 people.. will those savings be passed on to the
bulk-bulk buyer?

This would be nice, especially as I envisage US, and later European fans will
be redistributing pieces bulk-ordered from you, to those locations which you
don't yet cover!

we will require a minimum aggregate order

Do you have any rough figures on what the minimum aggregate is?

I think that running the service monthly would be great if it could work, but I
am concerned that if you let us bulk order between 50-100 different elements
each month then we will have spent our LEGO budgets for the year within the
first few months :)  I would personally still be overwhelmed at bi-monthly
ordering.

I infer that you'll be advertising the service in sold-in-stores sets, would
that mean a monthly catalogue mail-out, or is it going to be internet access
only?

Will the (non-LUGNET/RTL) public be able to vote for parts to be included each
month? If so - how? If this involves an internet piece-database of any kind
then great :)

Thanks,
Richard