 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 15
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:25:38 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

<rearranged and snipped liberally>

In lugnet.lego, Brad Justus writes:

That's the news for now - we hope it is welcome. And we look forward to
bringing you much more of it in the months and years ahead.

Wow.  It is welcome.  You mention our patience in waiting for the light at the
end of the tunnel.  By taking the time to update us like this, you shorten
the tunnel a bit and I'm sure that we all appreciate it very much.  Thank you
for thinking of us.

· When we say bulk orders, we mean large quantities of a single element
(e.g. 1,000 red 2x6 bricks)...There will be a mimimum order quantity, probably
around 50 or 100

So, will I have to buy 1000, or 50?

[we will] offer a set (perhaps an additional 50 to 100) of more unusual
elements each month. We will publish these elements at the beginning of
each month, and collect orders for them during the course of that month.

Very nice.  How will you determine what these elements will be?  Will we know
what the necessary aggregate order size is?

The beauty of this system is that it potentially allows us
to manufacture elements which we are not currently producing - which
will give you the ability to commission purchase of elements long out of
production (assuming we still have the molds and that you as a group can
commit to the minimum aggregate purchase). We hope to begin this service
late this year or early in 2001.

Wow.  Honestly, this is quite beyond what I had expected.  I hope that we can
all work together to make this worth it for you.  Does this also mean that we
will be able to commission element-color combinations that have never existed?

Beyond the obvious benefits of providing us with bulk parts, are you concerned
with any possible detrimental effects of this distribution?  Will TLC concern
itself with the collectors market when making these decisions?  (I don't have a
stance on this, I'm just curious.  What are the effects of us buying 10,000
maidens hats?)

Thanks Brad,

Christopher Weeks