 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 85
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:06:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Joshua Cirinna writes:

I mean, Ive been visiting lugnet for the past 6 years

That is quite an achievement!

Im sorry It was something I was excited about at the moment, and the only
response I got was negative, It really seems that only the "cool" lugnetters
get any responses even if their work is only so-so.
[...]
and personally have spent like 20% of my pay
cheques on lego in that period, made a fifteen minute animated lego movie(
which even got a small plug from Todd) AND NO ONE KNOWS ME! I have a new site
which hardly anyone goes too, then everyone swarms to some uncreative sites
with hackneyed spaceship designs that arent even color coordinated.

Put it this way - are you more likely to go to a friends site, and explore all
the little things they've put there.. or go to someones site who you don't know
and do the same thing?

Then afterwards are you more likely to say nice things about the things you see
at a friends site because they are your friend? If you really want that sort of
feedback, then I guess the best way to go about it is to start contributing to
relevant newsgroups and *making* people know you through positive
communication. Okay - your last post wasn't a good start :) But I don't think
it will be held against you at all.

If something is *really* impressive it will blow people away no matter what - I
went to your site before and thought it was pretty cool.. but it didn't blow me
away because it wasn't finished, IIRC I commented to that extent and made some
suggestions?

Listen, I know I sound like the biggest flaming jerk right now, but I'm just
feeling discouraged

You don't sound like the biggest jerk to me - just discouraged.. and that is
totally understandable. Also - your last post was totally off-topic for
lugnet.lego.direct, so don't be discouraged if it gets rated really quite low -
I'm setting followups to lugnet.people, as I think that's a better forum for
this?

Cheers,
Richard

[FUT lugnet.people]