 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 49
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:38:30 GMT

James Powell wrote:
This sounds _great_.  I know a little of the economics of injection molding,
and as such I hope you have CAD/CAM files for the parts, especially the older
ones like the pitchfork (classic).

While they almost certainly have CAD/CAM files for newer parts, there
are almost certainly some older parts which they don't have CAD/CAM
files for.  I'd strongly suspect there are parts we WON'T see because
they no longer have a useable mold. While they clearly are going to do
special runs, they probably aren't going to be making new molds for
parts which are obsolete in their mind. Of course, not all out of
production parts are obsolete, as some of the resurection of Fabuland
parts shows.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com