 Marketplace / Theory / 1301
Re: A Lego first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:29:50 GMT

In lugnet.znap, Joe Davenport writes:
In lugnet.znap, Dean Husby writes:
Joe Davenport wrote:

Dear Lego,

I recently purchased two #3501 Black Racer ZNAP sets at Toys R Us.  I
expected to get the parts to make the black and yellow car.  Instead,
inside the box were the pieces and instruction book from set #3502
Green Jet!
Not believing Lego could make such a mistake, I opened the other #3501.  It
also had the wrong parts and manual!  I had also purchased two #3502 sets
at the same time.  I opened those and they had the correct contents.

I went back and purchased the rest of them (16, they're only
$1.97), and compared the weight of them to the other small sets using a scale
at work.  All of the 3501 boxes weighed exactly as much as the 3502 boxes (to
a tenth of a gram). I then took one and opened it.  Sure enough, the Green Jet
was inside. Now I guess I have plenty of green ZNAP beams to build with, but I
don't know if I should open the 15 unopened sets.

Sounds like quite an mistake.  I wonder how many were mis-packaged like this.

Unless you want more Green ZNAP elements, I would not open the packages or
return them to where you bought them.  Rather, I would suggest that you
photograph and document as much as possible.  These could make for some neat
collectors items someday.

It certainly sounds like a first-ever occurence to me.  I would guess similar
mistakes happens from time to time but the errors are discovered before they
leave the production facility and the errors are corrected or destroyed.  You
may want to consider contacting Lego Consumer Affairs to inform them of this
error.  They might reward you somehow--or at least provide you with the correct
contents of your sets at no charge.

__Kevin Salm__